Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mira Mixer shower?
  • bruneep

Needing a mixer shower to replace the cheapo electric shower in bathroom that our son uses.

Any issues with a mira Coda bar valve? any issues with bar type?

Intention is to make good area where electric shower pipe is and fit pipes from below for mixer, access is good underneath and plenty room behind wall. Not wanting to rip walls down just yet to fit a BIV. New bathroom not yet on horizon.

Junkyard
    Free Member

A cheapo shower will be cheaper than that

I have a mixer shower on the bath and an electric shower

Mira stuff – though i declare i get it all at cost from the factory- is very good quality stuff and i have never had an issue with any of it though i have not used that

nickjb
    Free Member

Mira stuff is generally pretty good and I’d say the bar arrangement with flow at one end and temp at the other is the best configuration.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikedabear
    Free Member

Fitted plenty of Mira mixers in the last 20 years and never had a problem with any of them. All the cartridges etc are readily available in the rare case of failure.

eemy
    Free Member

We’ve had a Mira mixer for about 10-years now (older style) and I think it is great. Never had any bother with it.

bruneep

want to get away from electric shower previously we didn’t have a decent combi boiler.

Will order up.

Thanks

wzzzz
    Free Member

I fitted a bar shower specifically because they are the easiest to replace / work on when they break. No faffing with tiling.

The bathstore bar inevitably only lasted just beyond the warranty period, so it got replaced with a Mira similar to the above.

I used a mount like this to rigidly mount it:

righog
    Free Member

We have 2 mixer showers back to back, one was very expensive ( and excellent ) the other was very cheap ( and quite good ) with no problems in about 1.5 years use.

The reason I went for a an unbranded one like the one linked below was that it had a overhead rose and a microphone type sprayer. The fact that it is surface mount with standard fittment meant, I could easily have changed it to a more expensive branded one without much trouble if it proved to be not very good.

Cheap mixer shower

djflexure

Just fitted two of these and they are great. Much better than the Bristan they replaced.

Mira

ransos
    Free Member

One thing to be aware of: thermostatic mixers vary considerably in their maximum flow rate – it’s worth making sure you have one with a decent flow if you want good pressure from your shower.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I think there can be issues around low pressure or high pressure heating systems with some as well so do check out that but I’m no plumbist.

James

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mira Mixer shower?’ is closed to new replies.