Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MIPS helmet for a 'MET shaped head'
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

I’ve had a look around, and, finding that MET helmets tend to fit my head, looked for a MIPS helmet made by MET, and can’t seem to unearth any.

For anybody who can get on with MET helmets, what MIPS helmets have they found fitted their heads?

Coming off at Surprise View about decade ago, and being concussed for 2 and a bit weeks, has got me thinking that anything which can reduce how much my brain moves within my skull has got to be a good thing, now that helmet makes are doing things towards that.

I’ll always be glad I was wearing my helmet that day….

Many thanks
    Tim

Liftman

Met helmets fitted me well. Using a bell super 3r now which has mips, better fit then the previous version 2.

theblondeone
    Free Member

Long term ‘Met head’ here too but moved to giro chronicle early last year and really like it.
    Only issues are a wee bit sweaty and a bit difficult to seat riding glasses due to the fit around the ears.
    Worth looking at the giro montaro apparently addresses both these issues

TimothyD
    Free Member

Great, thanks guys.

vincienup
    Free Member

Worth noting there’s been much talk of the ‘Bell’ headshape having changed that last few years with the Supers.

I’m generally fine in Met, Giro or POC.

TimothyD
    Free Member

Ta for the tip. Any other things I should be keeping in mind.

Furious

MET Roam with MIPS?

That’s what I’ve got – I like it. First MET helmet, usually have a Giro

akira

I fit MET, specialized, Louis Garneau, Fox and various others. Pretty much everything except Giro.

newworldlobster
    Free Member

met head here, Lazer and Smith fit well. Both seem comfier. All personal though innit

letitreign
    Free Member

I wear a MET Parachute (if I’m wearing a full face), I find the open faced Giro helmets with MIPPs fit quite nicely, but my head will not fit into a Bell for love nor money, totally wrong shape.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MIPS helmet for a 'MET shaped head'’ is closed to new replies.