Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mio Cyclo 305 users?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

The search continues.
    Garmin Edge 810 is in the running.
    Seen a Mio 305 for a reasonable price.
    Looks easy to use and has turn by turn navigation.
    Anyone have one?
    What’s it like?
    Easy to use?
    Thanks,
    Max

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Anyone?

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

Me. Love it. Every time I used the Garmin I had to look up how to stop recording.

Things that are good about the Mio
    Battery life
    Surprise Me function
    European map package affordable
    Handlebar attachment surprisingly secure if I do use it on the MTB
    Instinctiveness of use
    I’ve used it in the car as a sat nav in Belgium and nothing terrible happened
    If you upload a GPX, it takes a bit of getting used to to understand the commands but once you have a grip of that it’s pretty good.
    Customer service – when I had a tram line / cobbles interaction in Ghent and managed to chip the slots that go into the handlebar mount they were pretty quick and pretty no quibble in sorting it out.

Things that are not so good about the Mio
    No button you can press to lock it, and you can only set it to sleep after 15 minutes of non activity. I don’t use it on the handlebars of the mountain bike as I keep picturing how it would look embedded into my chest on a crash. Stached in a pocket because you can’t lock it, then you’re in the hands of fate as to whether it gets touched by something and stops recording or does something else weird. Got over that by buying it a proper case.
    Can’t download it direct to Strava. Got to plug it into computer, and go find the file to upload
    Surprise me routes great for cyclocross but wouldn’t want to use it for the road bike as it likes to find interesting lanes, and it doesn’t have good coverage for MTB at all.
    If you don’t get the settings right it tries to connect to every passing cyclists’s heart rate monitor or cadence sensor. Took me a while to figure that out.
    Screen – buy a protector. Mine gets really scuffed.
    It’s a bit of a brick but that doesn’t bother me.

infidel
    Free Member

I’ve got a 315 which I like very much. I really like the turn by turn directions and it links directly to strava when I USB it to the computer. Great service and accurate maps and I’ve also found them to be a friendly company. I ordered the wrong case and they sent a new one out without wanting the old one back – they took me at my word which seems a rarity these days.

matt1986
    Free Member

Love mine. Really like the surprise me feature for road riding.

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

I think I’m using a garmin handlebar mount with mine. The Mio’s own needs cable tying on which means you have to buy one for each bike. The Garmin one works fine and i can shift it from bike to bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mio Cyclo 305 users?’ is closed to new replies.