Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Minty Arse LArd
  • honourablegeorge

Is the Assos one the best?

munkster
    Free Member

Udderly Smooth.

Assos too thick for me, YMMV. Button Hole actually IS minty fresh, and tingles a bit, if you like that sort of thing. Ahem.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I like Assos. Never tired anything else, but then never felt the need.

stevious

I found the udderly smooth stuff too runny and love the Assos stuff. The chapeau stuff was pretty good too, and I preferred the squeezy tube to the tub.

njee20
    Free Member

Assos stuff changed a while back – it’s now more like a wax, for want of a better word. I preferred the old one which was more like a thick liquid.

everyone
    Free Member

Is it possible to get little sample packs that aren’t extortionate? I kind of want to try some/any stuff but it feels odd asking a mate if I can borrow some of his bum butter!

bigG
    Free Member

I switch between Udderly Smooth and the Endura one. Both work for me.

mboy
    Free Member

I use Chapeau. Highly recommended. Tube is much easier to apply too, and it’s not too thick either.

jonathan
    Free Member

Elite Ozone stuff is my favourite. Just the right balance of thickness and spread.

jonba
    Free Member

BElgium Butter from on-one,

I’m using udderly smooth for the first time in a while. It is quiste thin compared to others and a tube is cleaner and easier to apply direct to shorts.

Kryton57

Buttonhole – from on ones site – is the consistency quality and tingle- ness of old Assos but at half the price.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Just got some of the Endura goo in preparation for a long (for me) charity ride, unsure of the dose though – is it light coating or full on slathering 😳

Muke
    Free Member

So pleased you started this thread as have been looking for Assos alternatives.
    I preferred the old creamy minty one don’t like the new white stuff at all, reminds me of a waxy Sudocrem.

Edit: 2oz Buttonhole out of stock, due in 25/05

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Assos is about the best I’ve tried but not perfect. I tried a free sachet of Chapeau recently and it was crap. Miles too thin and I put a lot on as well. Possibly the worst case of arse rash on a 70 mile ride I’ve ever had. Not using anything would have been better I’m sure. I’m glad I didn’t buy any.

DezB
    Free Member

I use Chapeau. Highly recommended. Tube is much easier to apply too, and it’s not too thick either.

Agreed! Smells nice n minty too. Assos just smells greasy.

tragically1969
    Free Member

[quoteJust got some of the Endura goo in preparation for a long (for me) charity ride, unsure of the dose though – is it light coating or full on slathering [/quote]

Depends on length and conditions anticipated on the ride, i generally go for slather, in the right areas of course…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Waitrose baby butter – perhaps you could add some essential oil – but great as it is.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Minty Arse LArd’ is closed to new replies.