Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Mint vid from the new section at llandegla.
  • anto164
    Free Member

Have to say, when a pro rides trail centres, it looks awesome.

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah! that was quite cool.

Gonna stick it in my favourites and study the techniques 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks good fun, but hes completely over biked! 100mm travel hardtail looks like it would have been ideal there.

slowrider
    Free Member

looks good fun!

why is it graded black though?

David, stop trolling!

Vortexracing

Going tomorrow morning, quite fancy a go at that

seanodav
    Free Member

why is it graded black though?

+1

v8ninety

Thats pretty cool. Must try to have a go at those Flicky things over jumps, even though I will invariably crash. Is there actually any point to them, or do they just look cool as flip? (which they do)

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It’s a whip and no, there is no point toher than that they look cool. However, if you use a whip in a scrub then it’s both cool and is faster.

v8ninety

if you use a whip in a scrub

Eh? You’ve lost me? Is this some kind of secret code? Lol! Anyway what do I do if I want to whip? I mean the bit before my careering headlong into the undergrowth, inevitable limb mashing and crying like a girl?

anto164
    Free Member

a scrub is where you slow down without using the brakes so as you’re entering the next section at the correct speed.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Err not really no.Its a way of keeping low over a jump….and hence quicker,
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MYJss-lynE[/video]

getonyourbike
    Free Member

a scrub is where you slow down without using the brakes so as you’re entering the next section at the correct speed.

That is most definitely not what I was taught by an Elite Gravity Enduro and ex DH racer.

It’s when you stay low over a jump, which makes you quicker.

twotonpredator

well i had a go of this today and the golden trail, the new red section. really great. it certainly gives degla that extra edge and something to look forward to all the way round.

i haven’t seen a vid of the new stuff that shows the inevitable climbs though and there a good few which managed to pretty much do me in.

oh and although i ignored my own advice. don’t go on a weekend if at all possible. rammed.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Is that really black?

GW
    Free Member

no it’s not, it’s a way of holding speed but staying low and getting the wheels down again quicker over jumps meaning you don’t have to brake.
    <EDIT>just noticed someone above’s already stated this

GW
    Free Member

and Donnys a legend on a bike, trail looks amazing fun for a 100mm HT but since he now competes in gravity enduro’s I’d expect that’s the best bike for him to ride trail centres on (training, innit?) bet he’s still got a 100mm HT for the DJs too.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

and Donnys a legend on a bike, trail looks amazing fun for a 100mm HT but since he now competes in gravity enduro’s I’d expect that’s the best bike for him to ride trail centres on (training, innit?) bet he’s still got a 100mm HT for the DJs too.

I went round with him and some of the other elite guys like Alex Langley on the practise day at the Afan Gravity Enduro. They’re so damn fast and sound too. Donny managed some unreal times on the last few stages, even though he had no front brake!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tread surface 12″ or more…check
    Tread surface….widely variable…check
    Average trai grade…15% or less…check
    Unavoidable trail obstacles 15″ tall or less….check
    Avoidable obstacles…check
    Unavoidable bridges 24″ or wider….double check
    Rideaable on a rigid singlespeed with funny bars…..doubleflippin check
    Aye it meets the IMBA criteria all right 😕

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Was gonna go tomorrow but keep reading that its rammed/packed.
    Is it a problem.

Went in summer for first time and the car park was full but didnt seem to matter on trails.

Has it got worse.

Wondering whether to bother

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Either get there as soon as/before it opens or arrive for an after midday start…

…or go mid-week 🙂

Cheers

M6TTF
    Free Member

Either go early or Kate afternoon and it’s fine imo

ricardo666
    Free Member

Great post ant

Are you back on the bike yet ?

hambl90
    Free Member

That looks great fun , have to get myself up there soon.

anto164
    Free Member

Great post ant

Are you back on the bike yet ?

Back on the road bike. Been on the MTB once and shooting pains through your spine over the big bumps isn’t that great, so leaving it a little. Cheers bud for remembering!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Mint vid from the new section at llandegla.’ is closed to new replies.