Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Mint Sauce making me smile
  • bencooper
    Free Member

On my shop wall:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/to1iid]Mint Sauce Prints[/url] by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

The book needs to be done, but people have been saying that for at least a decade…

wwaswas

No I ain’t selling.

Could I borrow it 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

Jo

Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Pretty please

bencooper
    Free Member

I sent Jo a Sogreni bell to review for Cycling Plus years ago – the review never appeared, instead he used it to make depth-charge noises at his cat.

Just saying 😀

sync
    Free Member

Mint sauce defined a pre smart phone/internet generation of mountain bikers.

For some reason mint sauce, dirt (vhs film free give away) and pro flex go hand in hand in my mind. I can still savour the smell of those 1995/1996 print editions.

Someone find me the grim reaper.

racefaceec90

you called 😉

love mint sauce (and i did have the mint sauce keyring/alas long lost 🙁

northernerindevon

Another one here who grew up with Mint Sauce and would dearly, dearly love a few high quality prints and a book.

Please, please please Jo…

Never letting go of my Mint Sauce orange MTB jersey. Never worn, ‘mint’ condition.

IGMC!

bearnecessities

Ah. It just makes me happy seeing this thread 🙂

That said I personally wouldn’t want a book (bit much all in one place?) , but love some of those prints up there ^ and that van is awesome!

sync
    Free Member

What would be great is if you could have the option to select 10-15 of choice from the catalogue in either a photo book or as a book or collage of a4/a3/a2 art prints which can be wall mounted.

Would make thinking of inventive Christmas presents easier for my aging riding buddies.

lunge

For some reason mint sauce, dirt (vhs film free give away) and pro flex go hand in hand in my mind.

Add Pace frames to the mix and you’re spot on. Dirt was/is the finest MTB film made, it still makes me want to go and prat around on my bike with my friends.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Looking at these pictures, I think the biggest issue is that JB doesn’t have scans of the original artwork.

Heaven knows why though??!

bencooper
    Free Member

I forget what the deal was with the prints I’ve got – but the original artwork must exist somewhere.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

At a guess Rob Warner used to drop-by the MBUK office once a month and smoke an A4 joint wrapped with it.

iain1775
    Free Member

Teadrinker (& Kayla1)

I’d love a book of the collection. Can happily sit next to my Calvin & Hobbes complete collection

Hobbes guest appearances (a couple of many 🙂
    http://www.thisiswhy.ip3.co.uk/thisiswhy/stripsforweb/350march13ThinkOfEngland.jpg

http://www.thisiswhy.ip3.co.uk/thisiswhy/stripsforweb/336feb12countingbikers.jpg

That’s one of the things I love about mint, all the hidden references

wwaswas

the original artwork must exist somewhere.

JoB’s spare bedroom, I expect.

crezzy

Been a fan of mint since 89 ,even told jo I blamed him for me becoming a shepherd ( in my head back then I thought I could just ride my bike round the fells tending to my stock ) got the key ring ,posters and even a limited print as well has the mini book ” eternal reek of damp wool ” also got all the 6 race strips that have been made including the very early race and flowers team strip .so you could say I’m a bit of a fan

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Mint Sauce making me smile’ is closed to new replies.