Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Minoura Minoura W-3100 Work Stand and Minoura Tancho DW-1
  • rootes1

anyone got either?

W-3100

Tancho

thoughts?

they are the same price, not sure why they make two at the same price points

z1ppy

I have the 3000, which is ace other than being slightly unstable (similar leg design as the Tancho, though that looks even more unstable) which they look to have fixed on the 3100. No experience of the Tancho.
    Minoura 3000

rootes1

ok ta, yer i though the tancho looked the lest stable..

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

W3100 here- does everything it needs to, and is very handy!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I had a Minoura 5000, which looked a bit like the Tancho.

Not stable enough – gave it away.

Now I have a Feedback which is tripod style – good clamp and bloody stable – I have rotated the bike in the stand to near upside down to get to bits of the suspension with no problem which would have been impossible on the Minoura. Take a wheel off on the Minoura and it wants to fall over…

rootes1

hmmm might have a look at them both, On yer Bike in London Bridge has both in stock on display…

must give them a wobble test. seems the 3100 has a bigger base now than the older 3000

Turnerguy, re Feedback – which one do you have? theri cheap ones looks a bit like the Tancho, but better ones seem to have a proper tripod.

rootes1

looked at both in on yer bike..

both seems less than stable..

also looked at the rs-5000 these seems more stable as the legs are much longer – shame it costs more…

hmmm

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I gave my rs5000 away – I got the Feedback Ultimate as it has the better clamp – they were called Ultimate – paid £220ish I think.

It is very stable – th tripod base is very tolerant of the ground it is on – and I believe a lot of pro mechanics use them on the race circuit.

It may be that other tripod styles, like the Topeak, are good as well for less money. But mine would have been cheaper if I had just followed my instinct and bought it in the first place instead of the minoura (which I got for £80 in a Merlin sale) and another stand b4 that.

a bit expensive but I can’t see me ever changing it.

Otherwise the rs500 could be made stable with a couple of sandbags on the legs – for a cheaper but less flexible solution.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just got one of these off Fleabay for about £90 but I’ve since seen them cheaper. I’m quite impressed at It’s ability to hold my Orange 5 still enough…
    http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=6384&productdescription=bs1&productcode=&category=0&catgroup=&catmicrogroup=&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Feedback were called Ultimate before, and they made PA speaker stands, which are also tripod style and can obviously take a lot of weight.

It could be that you could could also fashion a stand out of one of these for less as the speaker stands seem to go for a lot less than the bike stands.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Minoura Minoura W-3100 Work Stand and Minoura Tancho DW-1’ is closed to new replies.