Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • minor miracle etc, not that interesting I suppose
  • iDave
    Free Member

just back from 4 days in Polzeath, which were awesome – great surf, lots of sunshine. So, I have a waterproof camera. Noticed daughter body surfing, but camera not round her wrist. I asked where the camera was, she said, I gave it to you 20 minutes ago. I said no, you gave me the body board not the camera. No idea where we had chatted before. So, big surf area, shifting tide, and dozens of people. I wandered around in waist deep water and 10 minutes later, found the camera glinting from the bottom. result.

that's all

she got weaver fish'd for being a numpty

oh and posh totty in abundance…

Cougar

Apropos of nothing, that reminds me of this.

Guy I used to work with wandered in to IT (ie, us) to request a replacement mobile phone.

Story goes that he'd been out in his yacht(*), fishing or entertaining supermodels or something, who knows, and put the phone on the edge of the boat for reasons best known to himself but probably seemed a good idea at the time. Maybe he needed both hands to pour his champagne or something.

The inevitable happens, clunk-splosh-oops. So far, so predictable.

Then he says, "so, I made a note of where I was, then went back on foot when the tide had gone out and had a look for it. Here," and hands us a bedraggled Nokia that's somewhat badly water- and salt-damaged. Uh… thanks?

(* – which should tell you something about the salaries of financial advisors)

mangoridebike

'weaver fish'd' ????

Pook

weaver fish. little fish with bristles on it's back that contain venom. Like to hang around in the sandy shoreline and stick in people's feet.

toys19
    Free Member

I was out deer stalking with the old man , we were walking across a ploughed field, he said, "damn, I lost my tasty normark stalking knife here abiout six months ago and I've been searching here ever since. Never find it now"

I replied "Oh you mean this one?" As I plucked it out of the freshly tilled earth. Leather sheat was a bit mouldy/dirty but the blade was perfect.

wwaswas

mango – they lurk in shallow water waiting for unsuspecting children to tread on them. If the child has lost something precious the fish raise a small spine on their backs and inject poison into the foot.

scruff
    Free Member

camera used on posh totty ?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

<pedant mode>

It's Weever, not Weaver….

</Pedant mode>

U31
    Free Member

Agreed. The posh totty pics are needed on this thread…

MikeT-23
    Free Member

dooosuk
    Free Member

I lost my camera in Australia (Kakadu National Park) a couple of years ago. Went back to look but not there. Anyway, on returning to UK after the holiday I thought I'd just send a couple of emails to local tourist places to see if anyone had handed it in…they had! They then posted the camera back to the UK for me 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

I hope she got over the weever fish sting OK…….. I've seen my mates 'hard' teenage son crying it hurt so much (my daughter didn't cry when she stood on one!)

iDave
    Free Member

she didn't cry, but buff lifeguard doing the hot water foot bathe may have helped but she said it was very painful

will look through camera for totty

mangoridebike

Any pics of Polzeath would be good, used to holiday there all the time growing up and it holds a special place in my heart 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘minor miracle etc, not that interesting I suppose’ is closed to new replies.