Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Minister resigning sweepstake
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Nearest the bull wins!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29396942

Im going with rent-boys. Or a Dairylea fetish.

EDIT – oh, well that’s a bit shit. it’s already out there. What’s the point of a Sunday exclusive if you leak it on Saturday 🙁

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11126050/The-sex-photos-minister-and-his-meetings-for-peace-with-President-Assad.html

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why is this trending? *Smiley face*

Stoner
    Free Member

I gather her husband has a thing for facilities managers, you’d be a shoe-in CFH 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

m0rk
    Free Member

Quick Twitter search revealed an interesting one

The new Minister for Civil Society, who co-founded the campaign group Women2Win, initiated a private message conversation on a social networking site and as part of a series of exchanges sent a graphic picture exposing himself while wearing a pair of paisley pyjamas

kimbers

What an absolute ****

Paisley pyjamas ……..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Call Me Dave 😆

kimbers

Its actually diverting a bit of the attention from the ukip defections

Still I’ll bet there’s some Eton expletives being bounced around the Tory conference hotel bar tonight

Junkyard
    Free Member

imagine sexual deviants and closet racists in the tory Party

I am amazed by this startling revelation.

footflaps

If only we had a serious opposition party, something might come of all this!

jota180
    Free Member

imagine sexual deviants and closet racists in the tory Party

Nothing changes – with the Tories it’s sex and with Labour it’s money

Europe may well (again) do for CMD before the sex scandals do though

konabunny
    Free Member

an international private equity firm, making an estimated fortune of £3.2m along the way.

It’s a weird world where simultaneously three million quid is a fortune but it’s also a fortune that would only buy two “family size” houses in middle class parts of the southeast. 😐

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jumped/pushed or a good day to bury bad news 🙂

BillMC

Seems like it was his way of building a bit of social capital. The question is, was it bridging, bonding or linking social capital? We should be told.

It does amaze me that these people have such an overblown sense of entitlement, self-importance and arrogance that they think they can get away with it. Cue Tory grandee rumblings about wrong religion (Keith Joseph, Leon Brittain etc etc).

konabunny
    Free Member

should a person lost their job just because they’re a shagger?

Philby

This is the patronising moron who told charities to “stick to the knitting” in his first utterance as the Minister for Civil Society. Perhaps he should have stuck to knitting rather than sticking photos of himself in explicit poses on the internet.

oldnpastit

Was the Mirror investigating a genuine story, or inciting people to behave stupidly?

kimbers

They used a fake twitter account to fish for naughty ministers hoping for a bit of rumpy pumpy whilst away at the conference this year
    This guy took the bait

Junkyard
    Free Member

Entrapment is such a weird thing tbh – we have no way of knowing how he would have acted without goading/encouragment.

should a person lost their job just because they’re a shagger?

Depends on the job
    Priest =- probably
    Prostitute – Unlikely

Minister – it really depends on what they did with whom and what their job is IMHO

scaredypants

Depends if they ever lecture society in general on how it should behave

I believe this one was effectively “minister for not being a shagger”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He wasn’t sacked he resigned, and it wasn’t for shagging anyone – it was for sending a picture of his knob to an undercover reporter.

Now if there’s a question to be asked it’s whether a fairly senior politician should resign for showing that level of stupidity.

I think the answer is probably yes.

kimbers
    squirrelking
    Free Member

Is it my imagination or do a few of them look like they are frantically trying to squeeze one out for want of anything more interesting happening? Couple of VERY red faces, must be really bored… (guessing they are desperate workfare extras sent there to pad out the numbers)

Philby

Is Cameron taking ideas from the North Korean party conferences?

konabunny
    Free Member

Jimmy Somerville (top left hand corner) looks into it, but Hugh Dennis (second from left, front row) isn’t convinced.

kcal

Have to question their judgement though. Not condoning newspaper methods / tactics (public interest my @rse) but if they think that’s a good thing to just go ahead and do, then poses wider questions as to their ability?

footflaps

then poses wider questions as to their ability?

I’m sorry, were you under the impression that they need to possess any ability to become an MP (other than attending the right public school)?

MoreCashThanDash

God help me for saying this, but I sympathise with the guy. He fell for a tabloid fishing snare. Not public interest at all, just entrapment. The lowest form of lazy, sleazy journalism.

Others will disagree, and I’m not interested in an internet bun fight about it, but i genuinely do not care what the people who run the country do in their private lives, provided it is not illegal. I’ve known quite a few people who were relatively powerful in business who were indiscreet in their private lives but it didn’t affect their ability to do their job.

Plenty of ministers should resign for being crap at being ministers, not for being naive and a bit horny.

konabunny
    Free Member

if they think that’s a good thing to just go ahead and do, then poses wider questions as to their ability?

tbf it’s not like he was sending dick pics to random people, it was to someone that was flirting pretty heavily. That’s the point of flirting on social media, isn’t it – to send and receive dick pics?

<bats eyelids>

Junkyard
    Free Member

They also sent pics first and encouraged him to the same

Politics show and apparently the Sun and the Sunday Mail turned the story down as they felt it was entrapment!

kcal

I’m sorry, were you under the impression that they need to possess any ability to become an MP (other than attending the right public school)?

naively, yes..

anagallis_arvensis

Cant think why he was tempted!

Stoner
    Free Member

morecashthandash,

this is the reason it shouldnt be just dismissed as a sexy fishing story:

The Short Comings of Brooks Newmark MP

This matters because he was in charge of increasing the role of women in politics. Looking to have an affair with a female political activist would be a clear abuse of privilege and position. This is not a private matter, but an abuse of public office. There was no option but to resign.

Anyone that sees no conflict of interest in his portfolio, frankly is wrong and politically naive. Unless you believe that the best way to advance the position of female activism is in a sexual one. Frankly, it’s not about saying this is the 21st century sex is not a resigning matter. Probity in public office is timeless and not one to be bent over.

dannyh
    Free Member

Moral outrage and the like to one side, I’m not sure I want someone so obviously gullible and thick to be in charge of anything…….

ninfan
    Free Member

Interesting blog on the legality of the ‘honeytrap’ here:

Tricked into sex by fraud. Was the Sunday Mirror’s sting of Brooks Newmark criminal?

This matters because he was in charge of increasing the role of women in politics.

Yeah, but it appears they had been on a fishing expedition with numerous MP’s, it just so happens that he was the one who bit, rather than targeting him because of anything to do with his portfolio.

Stoner
    Free Member

‘m not sure I want someone so obviously gullible and thick to be in charge of anything.

Quite. If I got sent a pic like that ^ my first thought would be to assume she was Russian. Or Nigerian.

He must have very strongly believed in the aphrodisiac properties of power to have the hubris to fall for that 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

She dont look Nigerian to me 😉

footflaps

I think it shows the sense of entitlement all Tories are born with (along with a silver spoon etc). He genuinely thought it perfectly normal that she (and every good looking woman) would be desperate to shag him….

Stoner
    Free Member

not just tories:

dannyh
    Free Member

I think it shows the sense of entitlement all Tories are born with (along with a silver spoon etc). He genuinely thought it perfectly normal that she (and every good looking woman) would be desperate to shag him….

That’s one hell of a tenuous way to shoehorn party politics into this!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Minister resigning sweepstake’ is closed to new replies.