Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Minions or Marys
  • marco
    Free Member

I know its an old debate but:
    Alps trip coming up and need some tyres for there and here.
    Choice is between Marys and Minions.
    Not sure what compound Marys though or if I should try a Minion DHF front and DHR rear comb.
    Any thoughts greatly accepted
    Cheers guys

benpinnick

What size wheels?

dizcostix
    Free Member

Mary or DHF i find to be equally as good as a front tyre. i like the mary snakeskin trailstar as a UK trail tyre as its pretty light but for the alps a DH carcass minion DHF 3C compound to avoid punctures whilst uplifting.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I did like my Mary but it wasn’t durable – the side knobs tore and once most of them had it didn’t feel anywhere near as good.

I’m back on Maxxis tyres and am happy – I really like the DHF but hate the original DHR. The DHR II is a much, much better tyre.

nigew
    Free Member

Mary’s are a little grippier but wear out a lot faster.
    I use the older type dual ply DHF back and front on my DH bike now.

mikekay
    Free Member

mary sg trailstar, better carcass than maxis for the weight unless you get dh maxis.

rocketman
    Free Member

Would agree with the above

Mary SuperGravityVertStarFoldingTubelessEasy is lighter and has more ultimate grip in dry conditions but a similar-spec Minion works better in a wider range of conditions and lasts longer

strawb3110
    Free Member

Running a Magic Mary up front and the Minion DHR II out back, seems a good combo for me although I can’t remember which compounds I have on either 🙁

philstone

I’m in a similar position.. Last year I used Mary’s front and rear, however they did tear after a few days.

These days I run DHR2/SS combo at the moment, need to get tyres for the upcoming trip. I want to try the WT DHF/DHR combo, but I can get almost 2 sets of MM for the price of one set of DHF/DHR…

For a week in the Alps I’m tempted to go back to MM. The WT will be too much tyre for my normal riding.

marco
    Free Member

27.5 wheels here.
    Think i’ll go for the Minions. I’ve used them before and really like em.
    Cheers everyone

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Mary’s tear & fall apart, in massively short periods of time.

Maxxis just work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Minions or Marys’ is closed to new replies.