Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • minion v HR2
  • jim25

So by choice I ride with Hr2 front and back setup tubeless, Sunday at Forest of dean ended up slashing 2 rear tyres beyond repair. They were the exo version, thought they were fairly strong before, is there a more suitable tubeless version or would the minion 2 be slightly stronger?

chiefgrooveguru

I’d just put it down to bad luck – short of going dual ply there’s not much you can do. I slashed a Conti Protection last week (which is a stiffer carcass than Maxxis Exo) and am so offended by the thought of binning an otherwise good tyre that I’ll be stitching and patching it!

jim25

Ah bummer, I duck an old school rubber puncture repair patch on the inside of one slash, but then also noticed it had a slash along the sidewall just above the wheel rim. Bin it is then!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Impressive to slash a conti protection….

deviant
    Free Member

I have both but the HR2 only goes on in summer, currently on a Mary front, Minion rear…,tons of grip!

jim25

What minion version are you using? There’s seems loads and some use the front of the back.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run a tougher sidewall tyre than the Maxxis EXO on the rear, after splitting a few. Something like a Conti protection or Schwalbe snakeskin (or even full UST in some cases).

tops5
    Free Member

Managed to warp a Minion DHF (rear) mincing about in the woods last week

chiefgrooveguru

Impressive to slash a conti protection….

On a bloody pavement as well, hopping around a traffic jam caused by a broken down caravan on my way back from the trails!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘minion v HR2’ is closed to new replies.