Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • MInion DHF or High Roller II – Which is faster rolling?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

What would be the difference between a DHF 2.5 WT vs a DHF ‘Normal’ 2.5 on an Easton ARC27 rim?

chiefgrooveguru

What would be the difference between a DHF 2.5 WT vs a DHF ‘Normal’ 2.5 on an Easton ARC27 rim?

That only one of them actually exists! Only normal DHF 2.5s are the 26″ and downhill versions, the rest are WT even if they aren’t labelled as such.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

DHF/R2 2.35 are great combo for hard riding, bike parks and uplift days. Great grip on rocks. I’m using DHF2/HR2 and Hans Damf Rear at the moment. Wanted to try HD. A good rear tyre IMHO.

For the winter I will be HR2 as they grip and clear better. Forest, mud and roots.

More grip? Run lower pressures 😉

bsims
    Free Member

This thread ain’t over ’till eddiebaby says so!

cookci
    Free Member

Now this has been bumped..  Surely the high roller 2 2.3 is a different kettle of fish to the others.

I run the minion ss rear and hr2 2.3 3c 29er on a more xc orientated bike and its suprisingly fast on the roads, faster than hd ts/rock razor combo. Its an awesome trail centre combo.

Is there a reduced knob sized dhf to compare with?

Also assuming the forekaster  is too new to be on this list, imo a forekaster 29 2.3 3c would be an absolute weapon of a tyre… but they dont make one 🙁

nevermindthebutter
    Free Member

I broke my near new DHRII EXO 3C 2.4 (warped the casing) so I threw a 2.5 EXO 3C Shorty on the rear wheel – astounding how hard it was to push; like pedaling in porridge.  Never noticed that at all when it was up front.

So I’m contemplating a DD casing DHRII for the rear, but it only comes in 2.3. Not sure if I can get by with the smaller tyre, I really liked the 2.4 DHRII as a rear aside from the warping…

bsims
    Free Member

I don’t run anything gnarlier than a high roller. Most of the time it’s trail king and ardent combo on my trail bike.

seosamh77
    Free Member

No idea on the original question, but I just stuck a pair of HR2 2.4 exo on tonight, coming from some xking 2.4/2.2 racesport is hilarious, it’s like going from skating on ice, to roller skating on grass! 😆 grippy(and draggy) as hell, well chuffed!

stevied
    Free Member

For Maxxis my preference is DHR2 on the front, Tomahawk on the back in dry conditions.

Wet is a Shorty front, DHR2 back. Always found the HR2 really draggy and not overly good in any conditions.

I’ve now switched to Michelin and the Wild Enduro is way better than the DHR2 on the front and the Force AM is great on the back.

I think the WE will stay on over the winter too, it’s that good. Will probably go for a Wild AM on the back in the winter.

Michelin really do seem to have got it right with their new tyres 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is there such a thing as a minion SS DD?? ive not seen any and the exo silkworm is still too fragile for peak rides (although its bloody quick as a rear tyre)

idenry
    Free Member

Got 2.5 DHF upfront and love it. Faster and grippier than HR i think.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘MInion DHF or High Roller II – Which is faster rolling?’ is closed to new replies.