Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Minimum alcohol pricing
  • bitasuite
    Free Member

More nanny state bollocks!

Depends if you think the state have a responsibility to improve the public’s health.

Reminds me of this tweet from Farage

IMO there are wider determinants to health which need to be tackled at a policy level to address health inequalities. This policy is an effective way of doing so.

irc

So once Scotland has minimum pricing will anything stop me buying booze online delivered from England at English prices?

dirtyboy

Went to Reykjavik a few years ago and alcohol was mental money, still saw winos swigging cans on the street’s tho.
    If you want it enough as an addict will, you won’t care.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bitasuite
    Free Member

If you want it enough as an addict will, you won’t care.

The amount of homeless people drinking on the streets in Southampton is huge. Such a measure would certainly make it harder for them to get smashed on 99p gut rot cider. As I teenager we would get hold of that stuff too. Not sure it’s such a big issue nowadays, but for underage kids it will be less affordable.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Just as higher taxes have fuelled a now 90% saturation of black market tobacco.. so the same will happen with alcohol. Maybe not at present, but as the gov slowly milk another tax cow in the name of health.. so the majority will start purchasing it on the black market. and lets face facts, it’s a lot easier to brew alcohol than it is to smuggle in tobacco..

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Minimum alcohol pricing’ is closed to new replies.