Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • "minimalist" Gloves
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

Looking for some new gloves for longer rides and wanted something with Just a flat palm, no padding or anything and wondered what folk have had that worked well

nemesis
    Free Member

Scott Ridance gloves – I have a pair from Start Cycles and they’re very minimal and nice and airy. Plus very cheap if they have your size.

They are a little tight to pull on though (no velcro) but that does mean that they don’t come undone.

http://startcycles.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=ridance

kiwijohn

Giro dnd. Good & cheap.

njee20
    Free Member

Specialized XC Lite?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I have the POC trail gloves (usually cheap on line) and they are pretty minimal.

I also have the O Neil Jump gloves which are the same but with a silicon pattern on the palm.

One Industries Zero gloves are the same too, but I did rip mine when crashing.

chakaping
    Free Member

661 Raji seem to last much longer than you’d expect, considering how thin they are.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

661 Raji

Edit: Too late. Again. And agreed, they last for ages.

rendo
    Free Member

I just wear a pair of leather gloves, and they seem to be fine in winter too (with the addition of a pair of silk liners), just need a little bit of care from time to time. been using the same pair for a number of years

legend
    Free Member

Fox Attack have worked very well for me for the last few years. Very little too them, although I have just noticed that they’ve changed the palm material this year. Should still be good though

binners

661 Raji. As minimalist as it gets, and bloody great!!! … and yes, do indeed last for ages longer than they’ve any right too

warpcow
    Free Member

Trot Lee Air or Giro Xen for more money, but I think the TLDs are actually better.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Fox attack gloves are the thinnest lightest gloves I have found. Zero padding anywhere. Almost like wearing nothing.
    http://bikemagic.com/gear/fox-attack-gloves-review.html
    I’m not sure if they still make them but plenty of online retailers still seem to be selling them

passtherizla
    Free Member

Another raji fan here! Shredded a pair of TLD airs in two rides. Naff.

POW gloves as an outside choice, I have a pair of ‘shocker’ that I’ve had for over 5 years.

D0NK

another +1 for the 661s. Not tried many other minimalist gloves for comparison but rajis are very nice
    (and much better than my previous raceface ones, don’t think they make them anymore, right load of toss they were)

atlaz
    Free Member

Went through a pair of raji in about 3 rides. I now have some Royal Racing Tybyn which seem to be lasting better

jam-bo

poc index air. about as minimalist as possible but tough with it. mine are nearly three years old now and still come up as good as new after a wash.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Fox Attack +1
    the Ion-mask coating does work to a point, but full on Welsh rain will defeat it. It also gets washed out, despite the fact that its supposed to be guaranteed for life. I got a new pair on warranty because of that.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Endura Singletrack Light – flat palm, lightweight back, velcro free cuff 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘"minimalist" Gloves’ is closed to new replies.