Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mini-V’s / Cantis
  • scratch
    Free Member

Froglegs is pretty much the answer I think but,

I picked up some cheap Mini V’s on the weekend just to try out, I trust the LBS and the guy said they’d be fine with standard STI’s…….they feel a little spongy on first go, I don’t really want to fork out more than the brakes cost on travel agents just yet.

Anyone run them and get on with them ok? They’ll just be used for the commute so nothing to steep/tech

antigee

there was some threads last yr on this

i fitted frogglegs (sp?) but they are hard to adjust and some peeps on here suggested bending this and that

think conclusion was tektro though less fashionable do a better job
    but not sure what the model was

think on mini v’s consensus was if tried had hated

crazant
    Free Member

Put some Campy Veloce Mini V’s on my Tricross after trying about 5 different sets of brakes, they were spongy so had to get some travel agents..the result they look crap but i do not get one bit of fork judder, which to me is worth it….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

Ohh I don’t know, I quite like my mini vees. Reasonably bitey once you get over the long lever through, and the feeling of impending doom. I’ve convinced myself that road bike brakes should be pants anyway…. 😉

andym
    Free Member

Mini-vs are still v-brakes so they are meant to work with v-brake levers. It seems they will work with other levers but the setup is going to be more critical.

redted
    Free Member

Shimano R550 canti’s. My mate runs them on his Yeti crosser and they seem fine.They’ll have just gone up in price mind!

ransos
    Free Member

CTC types swear by the Tektro CR720 cantis.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Tektro 5/7/920 seem to be very good

epicyclo

I use them on my Pompino with Avid (adjustable) levers.

Plenty reliable stopping power.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mini-V’s / Cantis’ is closed to new replies.