Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Mini Rant -Person walking their dog on a red route…
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Did the Marin this morning, anyway as I set off from the car park I noticed a lady walking her dog along the red trail. said dog then proceeds to take a dump in the middle of the trail!
    I asked her politely to ensure she picked up the dog egg as a health issue at which point she told me to “**** off, she could do what she wanted to” !!
    Charming lady…

jaylittle
    Free Member

What a lovely lady.

I came across a family having a pootle down hully gully at gisburn a few weeks ago. I was off the trail helping a mate fix a puncture but all 5 of them stopped to get off bikes and push down a section. They were so lucky they didn’t get wiped out.

aracer
    Free Member

In those circumstances I’d be tempted to tell her “OK, in which case I can do what I want to”, and find something to do with the dog egg…

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunnng! Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunn...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kahurangi

I’d happily sacrifice a riding glove to teach that bint a lesson.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Did she actually pick it up though? Or did you get on your high horse before she even had the chance?

I’ve had people do this to me on a pavement walk with the dog and it annoyed the hell out of me.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

all 5 of them stopped to get off bikes and push down a section. They were so lucky they didn’t get wiped out.

Maybe they didn’t feel they were up to the challenge…its the taking part..sorry they ruined your day !

jaylittle
    Free Member

Unfitgeezer never said they ruined my day but they were well out of their depth. I wouldn’t dream of taking family members down a black route unless i knew it and knew they were capable.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I apologise sir

Pook

Is hully gully a black?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

but they were well out of their depth. I wouldn’t dream of taking family members down a black route unless i knew it and knew they were capable.

And they probably wouldn’t either. People make mistakes, and rather than attempting to ride it they got off and pushed. Did you offer to take the kids bikes down to the bottom so that the parents could get the kids down safely?

As to OP: did you give her time to instigate cleaning up? However I would have been saying to her that it’s a designated mtb trail, and therefore people wouldn’t be expecting to come across a walker, and that her actions increase the chances of an accident.

singlespeedstu

I once almost crashed into a girl on a horse riding the wrong way on a singletrack section of the Marin Trail.
    We had a little chat about how nice it was to be out in the forest on a nice sunny day and carried on as normal.
    Did we get it wrong?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

you totally did you should have shouted at her and told her off etc etc

letting the side down

Drac

No, you should have posted on here about how upset you were.

wrecker
    Free Member

I can sympathise. I came across a runner running UP the final descent on the wall at Afan. He refused to move off the trail. We had words. He ran off. If I see him again, I’m riding into him.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Pick up dog egg and make her eat it, then take a run up and ride over her repeatedly at full speed, fair game if the stupid bint is in the middle of a dedicated trail!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I just feel for you having to ride the marin, it’s so dull!

cloudnine
    Free Member

You should have rubbed her face in it.. Or smeared it over the dog… Or both

breadcrumb

I’ve had a close call or two, normally just advise it’s a bike trail and people can be travelling at speed.

Given I ride footpaths I can’t exactly go ape shit with folk.

mattbee

Mostly I find it mildly irritating, like when the last biscuit in the packet is broken or you realise you’ve opened a bag of crisps ‘upside down’.
    A few of sections of QECP trails run through areas popular with families & the like and often have people on them. Can be a bit irksome as they do spoil the flow but as said by someone else I am usually on my way to a trail I am not supposed to be on so I can’t really argue.
    If they are on a fast bit I may say to them that they should watch out for bikes but I won’t say that they shouldn’t be on the trail as generally people don’t like being told what they shouldn’t be doing so their reaction is usually not a nice one. I’m out on my bike to have fun, not to get wound up by stuff…
    I guess if you only ever ride on permitted trails, never on the pavement etc… You have the right to moan but otherwise, suck it up, princess…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

This

DickBarton

…and 25 years ago people complained about bikes being ridden on ‘their’ ‘dedicated’ paths…

Take pictures of her, the dog and the waste and report her, she should be picking the waste up.

Then get back on bike and go enjoy your ride…

scandal42
    Free Member

I feel sorry for people who are so dull they cant eek enjoyment from the Marin for what it is, riding bikes in a great spot of countryside.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Although it’s a stupid place to walk your dog, I don’t believe that a cyclist has anymore right to be there than someone on foot. This might not be true 100% of the time.

I know that in Scotland all of FC trail centres are not technically “bike only”. You are perfectly entitled to walk on them if you wish.

milky1980
    Free Member

Regular hazard at Cwmcarn, has got worse since the walking and cycling trails on the Twrch side have been closed. I’ve given up telling them it’s a bike-only trail and now just warn them to look out of low-flying gnarpoons 😀

imnotverygood

I know that in Scotland all of FC trail centres are not technically “bike only”. You are perfectly entitled to walk on them if you wish

Yes. But why would you?

binners

I can’t believe we’re this far down and the phrase ‘hoof her in the slats’ hasn’t arisen.

You lot are rubbish.

We encountered a group of old giffers walking up a red Singletrack section at Gisburn. We stopped and politely explained that they were on marked mountain bike trails, and that if any of the fast boys come down, instead of us mincers, they’d probably wipe them out. For our trouble we received an indignant lecture on how it was their divine right to walk wherever they liked.

Mrs Binners was doing the blue and came round a corner on the raised Boardwalk section to see the same group walking up it. She went off the side trying to avoid them. They didn’t apologise or offer to help as she lay in a boggy heap with her bike on top of her.

According to her, she developed a whole new vocabulary of sweary-ness at that point

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yes its dangerous walking the trails etc but not everyone is an expert MTB’er. Maybe the experts show a little more tolerance. People may get off and walk sections that are beyond them.

hully gully at gisburn a black? Its a three lane motor way!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Yes. But why would you?

Why not? They are nice paths through the woods. There are a ffair few of the trails at Inners and GT that are shared use.

As for the Hully Gully incident up there ^. Why are people flying into sections blind? What would happen if that family were replaced by someone lying on the trail with broken bones following a crash?

thegreatape
    Free Member

It they’re already broken it doesn’t really matter if you ride over them.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Here’s the black https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VELS2KohImE

ROLF 😀

Drac

Is it a child with a broken cheek?

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I think we need a bit more love and tolerance in the world….OP, poo on the path? Considering the worlds problems? Really worth getting het up about? Just another obstacle to ride over/round surely…

MoreCashThanDash

Last weekend there was an orienteering event on at Hicks Lodge. Random orienteerists crashing out the bushes in front of you or appearing round bermed switchbacks running towards you made the blue route far more challenging than usual.

No obvious signage warning everyone to watch out for each other

imnotverygood

Why not? They are nice paths through the woods. There are a ffair few of the trails at Inners and GT that are shared use.

Really. Which ones are designated as shared use?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Really worth getting het up about? Just another obstacle to ride over/round surely…

#learntomanual 😉

You indeed have a point. I’ve just spent the last few days in Denmark, where people are so much nicer

Meanness has become a set part of THE British culture, unfortunately. I’ve been guilty of it. We probably all need to show a lot more love and compassion kids.. 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

I realise I’m not an xxxxxtreme legend like some people here, and agree that people going the wrong way up a trail is dangerous, but if you’re going so fast you can’t stop if the trail is blocked (by lost families pushing bikes down), surely you’re going too fast?

Meanness has become a set part of THE British culture, unfortunately

No, it hasn’t, MTFU, get a life, you’re a disgrace to humanity and should die lonely in a ditch, etc 😉

hugo
    Free Member

Mini rant, well executed.

I reckon I’d have probably chucked it at her. Doesn’t make me an angel, but sometimes the perfect opportunity for a bit of ironic retribution, with little chance of getting caught presents itself, and has to be taken.

Well worth a glove!

Cougar

Some people have no brains, and you can’t reason with them because https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

I once happened across a pile of bikes strewn across the start of a dedicated singletrack. Halfway down with the bit between my teeth (ie, a speed nominally above ‘mince’) I encountered their owners. A family were playing hide-and-seek in the woods. Yes, small children were deliberately hiding in the bushes and randomly darting out across the track whilst their proud parents watched on. FFS.

That was the same day I was convinced someone was stalking me through the woods armed with a rocket-propelled spaniel cannon.

singlespeedstu

You’re just not trying…

So you think you've ridden everything on the Marin? Let Emyr Davies DH Racer show you a few new lines on his new 29er hardtail!

Posted by Llyr Hughes TV on Monday, May 4, 2015

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, whataboutery.

You ride over it if you want. I prefer not to. It’s a pretty disgusting attitude from the owner IMHO. Love and tolerance starts from people not doing things like leaving dog mess everywhere.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Mini Rant -Person walking their dog on a red route…’ is closed to new replies.