Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mini Pump Advice
  • paulnorman
    Free Member

I seem to have lost my pump (It was over 10 years old) from my backpack, so am looking for a replacement/upgrade. Can you guys guide me in which ones i should be looking at? I have been looking at the Lezyne Alloy Drive but not sure if its worth the price or what size to get for MTB use?

Cheers, Paul

MoreCashThanDash

I have Lezyne Drives, one high pressure for road, one volume for MTB. Replaced a Topeak Mountain Morph, mainly because it’s easier to swap between shraeder and presta valves when out with the kids or helping stranded commuters.

Impressed with both versions.

kiwijohn

Lezyne micro floor drive hv. Best pump out there.
    Everyone just uses my pump on our group rides now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Hi had a micro drive but wasn’t that impressed tbh, not as quick to inflate tyres as I’d expected. Had a mountain morph, quicker in use but it fell apart.

Replaced those with a Truflo Minitrack- the valve’s a little fiddly and it doesn’t feel as nicely put together as the micro drive but it’s much better at actually inflating tyres- in telescopic mode it inlates far faster, in single stage mode it’s better for high pressures. It’s a little cheap and cheerful generally but I’d definitely buy another.

integerspin
    Free Member

I read the lezyne was best. But all the ones I bid on on ebay went for to much. I wasn’t willing to spend a lot. I bought a topeak rocket race master blaster.
    Fit’s in my pocket, lives in my pocket I should say.
    Bigger would be better for pumping tyres up, but I wouldn’t be able to keep it with me then.
    Screw on fitting, all the push on ones I have had have been crap, some have only pumped a couple of tyres up before the rubber had died.
    Does Presta and schrader.

If I lost it I would get another and probably be prepared to pay full price. I have had it 5 years this year and it’s not showing any signs of letting me down.

thejesmonddingo
    onlysteel
    Free Member

Same as kiwijohn here. Can’t fault it.

paulnorman
    Free Member

Cheers for the help

fourbanger
    Free Member

The Portland Design Works (PDW) big silver pump – ace.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mini Pump Advice’ is closed to new replies.