Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mini gaiters to stop water running into shoes/boots ..anyone tried it?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

got some mt90 boots which I love but having a high ankle they do tend to collect water if it’s heavy rain. thought about trying a mini gaiter and wondered if anyone had experience if these with any recommendations?
    thanks
    Bill

druidh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have thought you’d get a good enough seal to make it work. A wee trick you might want to try is to cut the wrist section out of a pair of domestic rubber gloves. Slip that on your leg, put your boot on and then roll the rubber section over the top of the boot. I’ve done this a couple of times – for longer trips – and it works fairly well.

Hey – you can even get a choice of colours.

gusamc
    Free Member

We used to cut ring sections out of old motorbike inner tubes to seal trousers to MX boots. ? What about an old inner tube, again I think making it tight enough to seal might be a circulatory worry.

? why not shave the bits affected and make an umbrella out of duct tape round each leg over the boot …… uncool but dry….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mini gaiters to stop water running into shoes/boots ..anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.