Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mini DV CAM MUVI
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

Thought i would just post up a test vid i though that was a good position and not heard of yet from anyone..

Heres a pic of where its situated:

Heres a little Vid of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kJ9iWQjtTk

Nick

woody2000

Vid fail sadly. Interested too, cos I've just bought a cheap Muvi copy from Ebuyer for £15! 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

My eyes are shot, it's on the fork? As long it will be dry and mud free but I can't get on your link btw?

Thanks Woody :O)

JohnnyPanic

Wouldn't it be better off on the 'suspended' part of the fork?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

hmm will try and sort video out agian…

i put it there as i had had it on the fork down tubes but i saw too much sky not enough road/track

i will sort the video now…

project
    Free Member

Got one last week today its 50 quid from Maplin, excellent little thing it is,so easy to use.

davy-g
    Free Member

Be a good idea to fit a Neoguard to protect the camera from ingression of dirt/water etc,etc coming off the tyres, also wrap some cling film around the bottom half of the cam as added protection to the USB plug socket and the card slot before you click it into it's mount….
    I personally have mounted the cam to the front of the handlebar stem, i wedge a small twig in between the mounting bracket and the stemface just to tighten things up a tad and then use a zip tie as an extra fitting precaution….

some video http://www.vimeo.com/9362166 Vimeo conversion has compromised the quality a tad…

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

there we go vid is here, was having trouble with youtube dont no why…

[video src="http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u164/RIU_nick/?action=view&current=testnew-1.flv" /]

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

dave have u got a pic how you wedge it up?

project
    Free Member

The muvi comes with a silicon sleeve,to protect it,have tried fastening it to my rucksack but the angle is difficult to gauge for taking vids,so tomorrow im going to canabalise a kitchen sponge scourer,and put this on the front of the handlebars then gaffer tape the Muvi over this to the bars, then tie the Muvi on with the neck strap just to make sure.

The sponge scourer should hold the camera snug and take some of the shock out of it,and provide a nice soft warm comfortable bed for it.

Mine records for 30 mins max,but after conecting to a computer,it appears to hold a lot more,but wont record any more until it has has been conected to the computer, any idea what im doing wrong.

davy-g
    Free Member

Nick_Christy – Member

dave have u got a pic how you wedge it up?

Nick, will get some pics posted up tomorrow (but I normally look around the trails for a suitable twig… 🙄 ) I am in the process of trying to knock up a suitable wooden wedge with foam rubber attached to it to absorb more vibrations. I am happy enough with the video at the momment as I have managed to cut down a great deal of the smearing caused by camera shake associated with slack mountings.

The silicone sleeve is OK but it won't stop the ingress of dirt or water into the USB socket of the cam, I would say that that is one of the most critical areas one would need to protect…

project
    Free Member

Small piece of waterproof gaffer tape over the usb port,then.

Or put the whole camera in one of those small cash bags from the bank,writeing on the back preferably.

duntstick
    Free Member

I've fitted mine to the front of my lid with velcro, I've been messing about with free stabilisation software off the internet for off road stuff.
    I'll post vids when I'm done messing about with it

Hammo
    Free Member

I was thinking about this thing. Made a reasonable video mounting my lumix fx8 on my (bike) helmet with zipties. Looked a bit odd, i'll grant you that and was pretty difficult to keep steady. One of these might be just the thing.

davy-g
    Free Member

here are the pics of the stem face mount…please bear in mind that this is still work in progress, I have used 2 halves of a spring clip just need to add some form of padding to them to dampen the vibrations..

the extra zip tie around the cam and the wedge holds everything in place a bit better….and is an added precaution to stop the cam from falling off

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

wow looks sturdy…! i might have to try something else now too

kimbers

duntflix, whats the stabilizing software?

davy-g
    Free Member

davy-g – Member

I have used 2 halves of a spring clip just need to add some form of padding to them to dampen the vibrations..

DUH…. I meant a spring clip clothes peg.. sorry about the typo error…

I have also ditched the helmet mount that I used as all the footage was unusable due to smearing caused by to much cam movement,,,

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mini DV CAM MUVI’ is closed to new replies.