• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by st.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mini DH comp @ Forest of Dean, 23rd January.
  • monthebiffy
    Free Member

Spotted this while doing the usual internet trawl round the mtb websites. (Obviously being very productive with my time at work!)

Anyone been to one of these events?

Trying to pick up the courage to enter myself. Just looking for a bit of a laugh, with a touch of competition and something a tad more exciting than the usual trip round the local hills. I’m a fairly average rider speed wise, and with only a 6 1/2″ trail bike would I be a bit out of my depth in the competition?

psling
    Free Member

They are held at FoD regularly now and are well supported. The whole purpose of the events is to allow people new to the sport to have a go and to ride alongside (and learn from) experienced riders. There are junior classes too but those kids just have no fear 😯

Do it, you’ll enjoy it 8)

toys19
    Free Member

I fancy a go at this, only to remind myself that I am old, fat and slow…

Tracey

We have done two, one at Chicksands and one at FOD

Had a great time at both of them

steveh

I’ll be there next weekend and did the last one in December. They are really good fun, laid back and a big spread of ability. Bike wise it runs from hardtails all the way to full downhill rigs and there will be plenty of people on trail bikes.

Give it a go, you’ll have a great day I’m sure.

scruff
    Free Member

They have been on about doign on at Cannock Chase,would like to have a go as we hold timed events tyhere every month and its good laugh racing your mates.

monthebiffy
    Free Member

Cheers. May as well give it a go. What’s the worst that could happen?

Might need to get some proper mud tyres judging by that last picture and the recent weather conditions we’ve been having though!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I did one a while ago on my Remedy, came about mid table, great experience! Bloody knackering and funny how ragged my riding got with the beep beep of a proper timing clock and quite a few people watching you!

Rickos
    Free Member

I did the February one last year on my 4 inch travel Kona. Did OK and beat my friend which is what counts, right? Mud tyres are defo recommended if it’s all clarty.

st

Like Scruff says above if you’re anywhwre near the Midlands then take a look at http://www.racersguild.co.uk , timed sessions run every month.

Not full on races (for insurance reasons) but you get to pit yourself against the clock on one of a range of 1 minute long trails.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mini DH comp @ Forest of Dean, 23rd January.’ is closed to new replies.