• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mini Compressor???
  • stonites999

I’ve had a real struggle tonight to get my tubeless tyres on. I remember reading somewhere its useful to use a compressor, can anyone one recommend a good quality portable compressor to use to assist with this. Plus any good attachments to buy to go with it to fit presta valves?? cheers, Ant

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://www.diytools.co.uk/draper-05644-50l-230v-1-1kw-oil-free-vertical-air-compressor.html

Thats small and has wheels…..

The 12 volt car tire inflators are not any use , they are low volume you need high volume quick to get a sea

stevede
    Free Member

I’ve just managed to get a problematic tyre sealed after previously giving up, used neat washing up liquid round the bead and a track pump to get my Specialized clutch sx tyre up on a Mavic en521 with stans rim strip fitted – never had issues with spesh control casings but the sx was a mare. Think it was trail_rat’s contribution to an old thread that I found earlier whilst googling that got me on to the fairy liquid so cheers for that!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Sounds like it has been a night for it – I have been trying to get a tyre on, managed it earlier on no problem, then popped a bit of the bead off to pour some stans liquid in… and can’t get the bloody thing back on again.

Wound up throwing the whole lot in to the shed, kicked the bike and stropped off. Looks like yet another day of riding is going to escape me. (Although I will probably give it another go in the morning with a fresh head)

stevede
    Free Member

Ha ha, I threw mine across the garden and kicked the shed door earlier, think it really helped 🙄 or maybe the fact I left it a while before going back to try again!

stonites999

I managed to get it on in the end but ended up using 4 small tyre canisters. Ended up putting the sealant through the valve after removing the core of the valve. Fingers crossed its still inflated 3hrs after. Would be a lot easier with a small compressor…

br
    Free Member

I’ve a standard sized compressor, works well. Although I had to buy a better quality inflator (Metabo) and Schrader to Presta connectors, a couple of quid on ebay.

this:

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/metabo-rf-363-tyre-inflator-rf363-rf-363-p64738?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ncpc&utm_campaign=comparison

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mini Compressor???’ is closed to new replies.