• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by dh.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mini BMX?
  • dh
    Free Member

Hello all,

My son (5yrs) is banging on about wanting a BMX. Seems that his normal bike he has is not street enough for him. Anyone recommend a make of these things?

Found these but I don’t know nuthing about anything tbh…

mini bmx

monkeychild
    Free Member

Them things are fun but he will get fed up with it as they are not a proper BMX. Get him a proper 16″ or 18″ BMX 🙂

Like this 🙂 Radio BMX

dh
    Free Member

yeah monkey that looks ok. I assume it is half decent? i also found this?

mafia

dont know anything about bmx. He’s probably found something on youtube he likes…

The Rocker BMX are more like novelty bikes. The Radio and Mafia are more authentic.

carlphillips
    Free Member

that mafia looks ok, unsure of wheelsize though
    my 2 (9 &10 yrs old)are on a 18″ kink kicker and 18″ we the people curse.

definitely get the correct size wheels (16″ or at a push 18″) as i see loads of nippers struggling around on 20″ full size bikes at the skatepark.

rocker bikes aren’t very good imo very sketchy and I wouldnt imagine confidence inspiring for a 5 yr old

noltae
    Free Member

Mafia – yep I watch Harry Main’s channel ..

cchris2lou

my 10 year old has a mini Bmx, uses it at skate park.
    It is a bit like a stunt scooter.
    He loves it but now wants a proper Bmx too.

r1chardh
    Free Member

Not sure where you are in the country, but Source have lots on their website:

BMX Bikes

And I guess they’d know what’s what because they do lots of kids-only sessions in the skatepark, so maybe worth a call?

https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/Source-Park-Book-Now/cc-64.aspx

nick1962
    Free Member

My girls now 6 and 7 both have the Mafia Bikes BB Kush with 16inch wheels.I did look at a few 18 and 20 inch wheels BMXs but the the reach was too long. The Mafia are decent quality bikes with a proper 1 1/8th headset and we got spare coloured pedals and grips thrown in.My girls love them and they always get admiring comments at the skate park.A little heavy and they come with a fixed bmx type plastic saddle (which you can’t really sit on and pedal)and a very short seatpost which I replaced are the only negatives.I’m between Manchester and Leeds if you want to check them out.May well be selling the eldest girls as she now wants a mountain bike.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Mafia = overpriced tat!! Buy the Radio, the specs are wayyyyy better than the crapia plus they are owned by the Wethepeople/Salt/Eclat group (you know you’re buying into good stuff). Mafia look good, but are made from cheap bits and are notorious for breaking and having the warranty levels of Planet X 😉

A much despised brand in BMX land, as they bring nothing to the sport apart from crap bikes.

I’ve bought my lad an 18″ Radio for Xmas due to the crazy price, I’m jealous of it 😆

dh
    Free Member

thanks for the replies guys, will check some of the links out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mini BMX?’ is closed to new replies.