Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Minging rotor injury
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Someone I know (not very well) recently came off his MTB and stuck his rotor right into his kneecap, slicing is to bits and causing major damage – he might not be able to walk properly for a long time.

Never heard of this before but made me feel a bit peculiar.

Anyone else done this?! Shall I blunten my rotors?!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Anyone else done this?! Shall I blunten my rotors?!

That would be, if you'll pardon my pun, something of a knee-jerk reaction.

Diane
    Free Member

Girlfriend of mine sliced her calf muscle open 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nicolaisam
    Free Member

The worst i have had was a nice burn mark from the rear after a long descent.I touched my leg on the rotor when adjusting the saddle back up.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

don't forget to blunten all your sprocket teeth too…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I wasn't serious about rotor bluntening! I think it was a pretty unlucky accident – the angles involved are pretty unlikely (knee to rotor while wheel is still spinning).

It basically acted like a bench saw though – EYOOO!!!

DenDennis
    Free Member

I once crashed forwards and landed with my fingers through the rotor arms.
    (no major damage thankfully) 😯

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I sliced into the end of my thumb in a rotor whilst shimming the caliper before the days of post mount rear calipers, through the nail & nail bed, leaving the tip flapping. Two hours in A&E, wasn't the best thing I'd ever done!

Bedds
    Free Member

I did the same thing goldenwonder..

they make me very nervous

oldgit
    Free Member

I needed stitches just from getting my finger caught in them whilst positioning the caliper and that was from only spinning it by hand.
    Only lasting legacy is that my fingernail grows back in two halves.
    Sort of cloven hoof 😈

PJ266
    Free Member

A friend did exactly the same right at the end of the last descent on the wall at Afan, not nice. He's back riding fine now and just has a rather nice scar to show for it.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I'm not sure a blunt rotor would make a diffenece, espec if the wheel is spinning at anywhere near a decent speed when you stick someones finger in it.

pegglet
    Free Member

remember back in '74 trying to break in a tight spot on my fixie(ahead of my time as usual)no pedals on, turning drive crank wuith middle finger tip at top speed….guess the rest. worst thing was blood all over my beautiful all white clement2 tubulars, nail to this day never grew back etc etc

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

As a kid I managed to smash my wheel so the spokes sprung free from the rim and woke up with 2 spokes completely skewered through my biceps. Fortunately I was still very concussed when I pulled them out.

My mates didn't believe me until I showed the bits of flesh hanging off the threads of the spoke.

Really undramatic looking wounds though, a couple of small holes either side of my arm.

samuri
    Free Member

How about Tim K's finger?

Only click the link if you have a strong disposition!!!!

http://www.samuri.co.uk/junk/finger.JPG

highclimber
    Free Member

Samurai, thats sick! I have often thought that it would be very bad times to get a digit stuck in a rotor. its strange how the brain tells you that something is dangerous but still feel strangly compelled to wonder what it would actually do/feel like….No? just me then!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Samurai, Nice picture

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Minging rotor injury’ is closed to new replies.