Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Minecraft help
  • Garry_Lager

I learnt to play this game last week, mainly to play it with my young son – very cool. I’ve got the survival basics sorted – shelter, light, food, bed and I’m mining like its going out of style (just found our first diamonds 🙂 ).

So I could sit on me aris and craft stuff, but it sounds more interesting to hit the road and explore the world (getting a bit bored of the same trees and hills). How do you go about this without dying and leaving a load of stuff miles away? Is it a case of building shelters as you go with beds in them?
    Also – is each world massively big, so will contain all sorts of biomes, or are they limited in size?

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Check out stampylongnose’s youtube channel.

A great resource for all things Minecraft. Safe for young kids as well.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Mincraft is amazing. 🙂 easy way to kill a few hundred hours off your life.

If your getting hammered all the time by mobs (bad guys), you can change the difficulty to ‘peaceful’ when you load your world. That way you can explore far and wide more easily.

nemesis
    Free Member

Basically yes, you need to build shelters and gather material to explore.

Or as my son prefers, just play in creative mode so you’ve got unlimited materials and you can build as you want and even fly which speeds up exploring.

We built the death star this weekend…

martinhutch

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ender_Chest

The things you learn when you have an 11-year-old son. 🙂

plyphon
    Free Member

As above creative mode can be better for exploration.

Also playing online can be great, its great to explore what other people have built – obviously with parents guidance as language etc can be the same as any online community.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Huge piles of TNT buried deep into the ground, and then detonated, is my favourite game.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Minecraft help’ is closed to new replies.