Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Mind your language – Help!
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Folks,

I was told I was offensive in my usage of language as I could get into trouble for being insensitive/rude etc …

So do you find it offensive if I were to say that “If you have no friends it is of no concern of mine.” in my official bureaucratic capacity?

I thought I was just expressing my honest opinion …

😯

brakes
    Free Member

at least you didn’t call them maggots.

scaredypants

of course he called them maggots, brakes

duntstick
    Free Member

Hmmmm, half a tale………

chewkw
    Free Member

brakes – Member

at least you didn’t call them maggots.

Well, that crossed my mind but I had to retrain myself from saying that … 😡

Pieface

Context required

gordimhor

Yes, just expressing my honest opinion 🙂
    more seriously I would need to know a bit more of the general context of the conversation before I could say whether you were rude or not

Cougar

You have an official bureaucratic capacity?

Gods help us all.

Nipper99
    Free Member

‘it is of no concern to me’ or ‘it is no concern of mine’ – perhaps they were offended at your lack of grasp of the English language.

brakes
    Free Member

it’s not his first language

chewkw
    Free Member

Actually, I was dealing with people who could not time manage themselves properly and who have completely missed out on signing up for an important activity / participation. As a matter of fact, I could simply deny them a second chance but I gave them the options:

1. Give up … they do not participate.

or

2. Participate but with agreement from other people in the group i.e. they need to ask them for permission to join. Hence, if you have no friends it is of no concerned of mine came about …

p/s: apparently these people (some) paid a lot to be here …

Cougar – Moderator

Gods help us all.

😆 Yes, I do in a minor way. No, there is no God(s) apart from Dear Leader.

brakes – Member

it’s not his first language

Yes, not a native speaker … :mrgreen:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As a matter of fact, I could simply deny them a second chance …..

I would insist they called you Dear Leader before giving them a second chance.

duntstick
    Free Member

Bureaucrats boil my piss!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Gods help us all

I felt like that when you gained your bureaucratic capacity 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Public sector employer ?

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I would insist they called you Dear Leader before giving them a second chance.

Yes, then put them to hard labour for trying to blame me.

duntstick – Member

Bureaucrats boil my piss!

I am just a low ranking bureaucrat trying to perfect my art but wait till you meet the higher ranking PC bureaucrats in my department … you will need to brown nose till your nose turn black(with aroma) to survive.

allthepies – Member

Public sector employer ?

Yes, kind of … but this institution is moving towards becoming a private entity in the long long long run that might or might not happen in future.

duntstick
    Free Member

😆

Pieface

Clearly more bureaucrat than diplomat

nicko74

If you have no friends it is of no concern of mine.

As above – if someone said this to me I’d be raging too. It’s “..it is no concern of mine” ffs!

😉

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Its’ covered under employment law as bullying. Worse if you were in any way above the people you said that to in position.

CountZero

Maybe they were offended because Facebook says they have many, many friends… 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

TuckerUK – Member

Its’ covered under employment law as bullying. Worse if you were in any way above the people you said that to in position.

They are “paying” customers and somehow my institution has the tendency to rely on their feedbacks as a guide to future prospects … Bunch of maggots!

It’s like asking my Papau friends to lead the UK manufacturing industry back to its former glory …

CountZero – Member

Maybe they were offended because Facebook says they have many, many friends…

How can that be? Everyone on MyFacePalm is a dearest friend … like they know each other since birth.
    😯

Kevevs
    Free Member

Puny fool maggots.

mangoletse

If they were customers, it’s shit customer service

If they were staff, shit management

Either way, you’re at work. Maintain the decorum.

chewkw
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

Puny fool maggots.

Unfortunately those that get promoted to higher bureaucratic stardom have the tendency to use even more of “customers'” feedback stringently as benchmark. Therefore, any negative reviews will mean that a lesser bureaucrat like me get it … 😡

mangoletse – Member

If they were customers, it’s shit customer service

If they were staff, shit management

Either way, you’re at work. Maintain the decorum.

Now imagine that you have shite customers that do not follow instruction and would take all opportunities to blame you for their errors. The management on the other hand trying to show that they “care” try to please them for their own reputation will use you as a convenient tool whenever possible. Either way the system is rotten to the core with hardly any remedy …

Kevevs
    Free Member

just be yourself mate, you come across ok on here. everyone else is maggots. stick to the chewk plan!

chewkw
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

just be yourself mate, you come across ok on here. everyone else is maggots. stick to the chewk plan!

Yes, I am just being myself but my colleague (we work as a team) thought I would be attracting attention and he would end up with no pension … He thought my use of language was too strong for the customers to stomach while I thought I was just being honest.

I would like to call them maggots but somehow I think if I do that I would turn this place into planet of the ape with apes going ape shite.

Funny place to work and to earn a living …

Kevevs
    Free Member

well, the alternative to customer service is just to be nice. It’s not that hard.

ojom
    Free Member

A generally good rule is ‘ would I want someone to speak to my mother like this? ‘

If not, modify language and tone accordingly.

enfht
    Free Member

Proably a cultural difference which comes across as worse than you intended.

What is your native tongue Chewkw?

Is it North Korean?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s all Korean whether you’re north or south of the border enfht.

scaredypants

I thought chewy was a vogon ?

enfht
    Free Member

Oh DD how enlighted your aren’t. I was obviously referring to the hardline retoric that only spouts from the northern end of Korea.

Still wallowing I see.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It wasn’t obvious at all. Jeez, I was just pointing something out for you. Calm down mate. Have a cuppa or something and relax.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh DD how enlighted your aren’t. I was obviously referring to the hardline retoric that only spouts from the northern end of Korea.

Still wallowing I see.

If it upsets you so much that your “humorous” comments might be misconstrued, then why don’t include one of these : 😉 , thereby making it fairly unambiguous that you are merely jesting 💡

Deadly’s assumption was reasonable imo – based on your posting history.

scaredypants

ernie, why the goatse at the end there ?

chewkw
    Free Member

Eerr… you lot this thread is about me. Me, me, me please! I need the attention so no one should hijack my thread. 😈

My Jude colleague normally referred to me as a North Korean or a Mongol … LOL!

Let’s say I am more connected to South East Asia as I have a bit of this and that from there, but predominantly my DNA could perhaps been derived from once glorious Dearest Leader of Dear of them all the Tang Dynasty with empire stretching south. So there you go … you need to bow to me and ask for forgiveness. Unfortunately, due to some maggots borrowing inside the dynasty their descendants ended up spreading their seeds all over the world in order to survive.

😆

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Mind your language – Help!’ is closed to new replies.