Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mind control – riding technique
  • jameso

Seen some great feedback on Jedi-training on here. Been thinking about the good advice I’ve had from others that improved my riding. Simple stuff that hadn’t come naturally and after being told/shown what to do your riding improves, it’s a ‘why didn’t I do that before?!’ feeling.

For me, ‘Inside foot back’ for switchbacks – all of a sudden right handers felt as natural as lefts.

Trying to corner better recently. Looking up to and out of exits, or above and beyond what I’m trying to clear (er minor trail features not big gaps). Trusting that once you’ve seen something it’s better to look beyond it and rely on memory, peripheral vision and reaction to ride it. Feels like a mind game to do it and get into a flow sometimes, rather than focussing on details.

Any one had similar realisations, after years of entrenched bad habits or while learning from scratch?

philsimmo
    Free Member

Also been trying to corner better recently, pretty much learning from scratch and only been riding for a couple of years but one thing i have picked up is weighting the from wheel and kind of pumping around berms to go quicker

The looking around the corner / leaning thing is still something which feels strange to me and i bottled out of a couple of drop offs at Llandegla on Saturday. Biggest thing with me is confidence and noweher near to getting any kind of flow on the trails.

Northwind

I think it was Ian Potter from A Quick Release that told me the Darcy Turenne Tits and Ass Technique. Point with your tits, and your ass will follow. Simple and effective, sped me up a lot in wiggly singletrack

d45yth
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

I think it was Ian Potter from A Quick Release that told me the Darcy Turenne Tits and Ass Technique. Point with your tits, and your ass will follow. Simple and effective, sped me up a lot in wiggly singletrack
    You’re better twisting your hips and pointing with your d$%k!

jameso

Darcy Turenne Tits and Ass Technique

It’ll be easier to remember than many other tips I think.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cheeky!!!!

Northwind

d45yth – Member

You’re better twisting your hips and pointing with your d$%k!

Possibly, but there’s only a 50% chance I want to find out more about the cock and ass technique.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mind control – riding technique’ is closed to new replies.