Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Mince pies are back.
  • sandwicheater

The little beauties. Discovered this morning and yes, I am currently half way through a box. DON’T JUUUDDDGGGEEE MMMEEEEEE.

Have you seen any signs of Christmas yet?

I’ve also seen a distinct increase in perfume adverts.

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, the local co-op shop has a seasonal section filled with Christmas chocolate for stockings-FFS too soon.

nickc

yeah, noticed the tins of sweeties on the shelves of my local supermarket.

perchypanther
    Free Member

DON’T JUUUDDDGGGEEE MMMEEEEEE.

You greedy ****. GUILTY!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Edit :Double post-tastic

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

As a supermarket trucker we’ve been delivering the crap since the first week of September.Selection box’s,Christmas Crackers,Advent Calendars.
    Oh & the Halloween tat is also on the shelves…

andytherocketeer

Stollen is back, but I resisted
    and some other random winterval treats
    and tinsel

sandwicheater

😳

Now all gone. Feel a tad sick. Probably just need more.

perchypanther
    Free Member

winterval

WINTERVAL? Really? Oh lord, have mercy…….. 😥

Northwind

I always like it when you find christmas stuff on the shelves with a best before date in november. It’s very honest- “we know you’re not stocking up for christmas! You’re going to eat these all in one go as soon as you get home”

NewRetroTom

winterval

[quote]WINTERVAL? Really? Oh lord, have mercy…….. [/quote]

What about winterlude?

Rockplough
    Free Member

Oh god I love mince pies. Nearly picked some up yesterday then realised a box of 6 is 1500 calories. I’m weak and would eat them all in one sitting, so they stayed on the shelf. For now.

scandal42
    Free Member

The other half had a friend from work round last week, she turned up with a box of the feckers in short crust variety. I was absolutely furious as I hate the premature arrival of Christmas.

Demolished 4 of the bastards

mogrim

Mince pies are hard to get hold of in Spain 🙁

But I’m in London next weekend 😀

CountZero

Went into Wilco’s yesterday to get a 10 ltr collapsable bottle to take camping at the end of next week, and all their camping and travel stuff has been replaced with Christmas stuff! 🙄
    Thank God for the interwebz.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Huzzah! Break out the brandy butter and cream. 😀

cinnamon_girl

Definitely need a virtual tasting thread, pics, source and scores out of 10. 😀

jekkyl

all of you gtfoh

bikebouy
    Free Member

All stocked up in Waitrose here, nice. I’m holding off until the rain passes over before venturing out to get a box or two…

cinnamon_girl

Puff or shortcrust?

mattbee

What do you mean, ‘or’?..

cinnamon_girl

Forgot to include filo.

🙂

Murray

It’s far too early for minced pies. They need to be destroyed by any means available. I volunteer my mouth in this holy enterprise.

DrJ

I know it’s very wrong on many levels, but I really enjoyed the Heston Blumenthal ones last Christmas. And also the Christmas puds with oranges inside. And the mince pie ice-cream. Mmmmmm….

wallop

Mince pies are the only thing I’d consider buying a microwave for.

andymc06
    Free Member

Ecclefechan Tarts for the win. Seen and resisted in Sainsbury’s today 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well shortcrust and full to the very top of lovely succulent mincemeat, vegetarian (which I know will have you lot blowing steam out of your ears)
    Two have been consumed already and it’s pissing dos even more now, but I just couldn’t wait..

jimdubleyou

FFS, there is a full quarter of a year to go!!!!!!!

john_drummer
    Free Member

The local garden centres generally start stocking Christmas stuff from about August bank holiday. And Easter stuff in the supermarkets from boxing day

integerspin
    Free Member

A mate was working as forecourt attendant, and in 1984 the garage were giving away Harrods mince pies. We used to go to the garage he worked at and scrounge a box of mince pies each off him. Then Tony turns up in his car one day and full of mince pies! We ate nothing but mince pies for weeks!

I still love mince pies.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Glühwein in Lidl in Germany now. Can’t imagine anyone wanting to buy any when the temperature is still in the 20s. 😐

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Mince pies are back.’ is closed to new replies.