Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Milton Keynes
  • kimbers

Top thunderstorm and torrential rain at the moment here in the city of the future right now !

fd3chris
    Free Member

I was going to ride in the forest today but that’s put paid to that!

donks
    Free Member

Always pisses it down when folk on the green is on. Was just about to go down when the storm hit.

wingnuts

Folk on the Green was great till about an hour ago. Less “folk” even though there was plenty of sun. Good selection of bands this year. Walked home and collecting a couple of bottles to take to the neighbours legendary bash next door now. i may not surface until the tuesday night woburn burn!

kimbers

noticed these stands being installed around the city and suburbs

then saw this poster today

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/milton-keynes-will-have-uk-s-2nd-largest-cycle-hire-scheme/018802

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

I live in MK (been here for about 2 1/2 years) & reckon it’s a very good place to live

Started out in Newport Pagnell then bought a house in MK

Areas to avoid: Fishermead, Coffee Hall, Netherfield, Conniburrow, Bradwell Common, Eaglestone, Peartree Bridge, some bits of Oldbrook aren’t great either, Lakes Estate (Bletchley) should also be avoided

More desirable areas: anything with Shenley in it, Loughton, Old Farm Park, Woolstone, Willen, Monkston Park, Oxley Park, Caldecotte, Kingsmead

Anywhere near one of the main lakes (Willen, Caldecotte) would probably be good for running – there’s also a couple of running clubs in MK (not a runner myself, but I have seen a few people out wear club running kit)

Santander have a couple of offices in MK, the main one being out west, but there’s also one in the centre near the station

If you live within the bounds of MK then I’d definitely recommend cycling to work – the redway network is pretty good (if a little bumpy at points) & keeps you properly away from the roads (I ride pretty much every day). Most of grid roads in MK are national speed limit & people tend to drive fairly fast around town, so although people do ride them I wouldn’t recommend it.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Milton Keynes’ is closed to new replies.