Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Milliband has resigned!
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Cougar, excellent. He can market these Bike Balls 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mark, think about the guy who starts his own business. Is he running that for himself (shareholder) or as some kind of collective for his employees. i bet he thinks his hardwork and risk deserve reward and he think his employees get a job and pay for their contribution. As I said we have some of the most generous employment protection law in the world. I’m not sure where your utopia exists but if you can find it let me know.

brooess
    Free Member

If the headlines tomorrow don’t read BALLS SACKED I’ll be very disappointed.

City AM have been running this headline since this morning 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Still no comment on the customer Mark – that is quite revolutionary!

Two points.
    1. You are not one as you dont buy anything
    2. If i can go out on a limb here I dont think he thinks we are always right 😛

Nice approach from grumpy re the business approach.

stumpyjon

Mark, I think you’ve got it backwards, companies are there for one reason in most commercial situations, to make money for the owners / investors. However consideration should be given to the employees as happy, motivated employees usually mean a stronger more profitable business so everyone wins.

Any intelligent investor will want the employees to have loyalty to the company. For those too stupid / greedy / short term we have a government who should be setting the minimum standards for employee welfare. Unfortunately Cameron doesn’t get that, e.g. one of the first things he did 5 years ago was to extend the period before unfair dismissal kicks in from 1 to 2 years on the grounds it would encourage employers to recruit.

AdamW
    Free Member

Mark, think about the guy who starts his own business.

What, you mean…. like Mark, who started his own business? Called Singletrack/GoFar?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mark, I think you’ve got it backwards, companies are there for one reason in most commercial situations, to make money for the owners / investors

But not at all costs. its not the ONLY thing they have to do to the extent they have few principles and justify it by saying “its only business” Which translates as morally I cannot defend this as i only did it for money

Its an attempt to strike a balance between social responsibility AND making money

When we look at the size and profit of a large number of multinationals who pay minimum wage here, use cheap far eastern labour /sweat shops and a aggressively avoid tax its very hard to justify this. this is what ONLY pursuing money gets you. Asbestos companies and tobacco companies lying about the affects of their products being another . If you cannot see an imbalance here , that needs redressing, then nothing I say will convince you.

Cougar

City AM have been running this headline since this morning

Curses.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Milliband has resigned!’ is closed to new replies.