Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Millennium Stadium and trains
  • Andy_K

I’m getting the missus tickets For Wales v France for Mid Feburary, and planning to get the train in from Hereford, can anyone tell me if there’s any issues getting on the trains after getting out time? it’s a 8pm kickoff and I was thinking of getting the 11pm train back.

mrhoppy

It’s not the best, we usually drive down.

andyfla
    Free Member

Knowing the trains in that part of the world from the world cup you will prob have to leave at 7 to get the last train home

project
    Free Member

Arriva trains wales curently owned by germans are suffering huge disruptive work to rule and strikes, trains canceled at short notice, also there appears to be no trains late at night to hereford, best to check nearer the date of travel

Andy_K

So any good plan Bs?

drovercycles
    Free Member

There’ll be trains, and they won’t cancel trains on match day.

There will, however, be massive queues and not a lot of space on trains. It always looks like a complete nightmare to me – I’ve only caught the train after a match once, and walked up to Cathays to catch it as I couldn’t face queuing for what looked like it would be hours.

From what I’ve seen people leave before the match is over to get a head start which seems to defeat the object.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Plan B if it were me (we’re based in Hay) would be taxi to Abergavenny or Newport and train to Hereford from there, taxi of course needing to be pre-booked. Or just drive if you don’t mind not drinking.

nickjb
    Free Member

Drive. Park in the suburbs and walk in.

mrhoppy

Car park above Evans. It’s near enough to be easy but far enough out that you don’t get too much grief getting out. Not that bad price wise.

gwaelod
    Free Member

You’ll need a Tardis to visit the Millenium Stadium now..it ceased to exist last weekend!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/fireworks-signal-fond-farewell-millennium-10777783

As above – trains not a reliable way of getting home from the rugby late at night. Drive M4 to J32 then head through Radyr to Pontcanna and head for the Pontcanna Fields car park https://goo.gl/maps/sZKZxgmoyHG2 – 5 minutes walk down river or Cathedral road past SWALEC to the MS. Should be space if you arrive mid afternoon.

if no space there -find a space on the streets round Pontcanna

Pint in the Mochyn Du or the Halfway, or the Cayo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Millennium Stadium and trains’ is closed to new replies.