Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Milk Frothers
  • budgierider67

So I’ve managed to break my second Bodum milk frother. This one lasted a couple of years. It makes great frothy milk as long as you use skimmed milk but being glass & pump operated you have to be a bit gentle with it. So do I buy another one for £15 or buy a Dualit electric one for £50? Anyone used both or can comment on the quality & durability of the Dualit?

wwaswas

I’ve got a Nespresso one.

Been very reliable and you get two paddle things to control the amount of froth it produces as it heats the milk.

scuttler

I’ve also got the Nespresso one. Had it for a couple of months so can’t comment on longevity but its a doddle to use and clean and it works really well. It bought it as part of a bundle with a coffee machine. The uber-frother paddle thingy that www mentions produces loads of very ‘rigid’ froth.

kcal

Nespresso here, been good. Or 20 x £2.50 IKEA ones 🙂

neilthewheel

Ours is made by Judge. Solid stainless steel, won’t break, simple, works.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Krups frother here. I’ve had it for a year, used daily and it shows no sign of packing in yet…

It has three settings for ‘frothiness’ and takes three diffent volumes of milk to correspond. It makes a really good hot chocolate on the high volume / low froth setting, or will do latte (medium volume / froth) or cappucino (low volume / high froth) milk on the other two.

Milk really is piping hot when it is ready.

EDIT – Can be a pain if you are doing two cups in a row – I have a two cup stove top coffee maker so wanted to be able to heat two cups of milk – which is why I chose the Krups as it had the high volume option… not as frothy as when you just do one, but at least you don’t have to wait between them.

porlus
    Free Member

Bialetti Tuttocrema for me.
    Fill it with milk, heat milk on the pan. Pump handle
    till a nice frothy consistency is acheived. Find them
    really good at making hot chocolate from cocoa powder as
    well.

budgierider67

Cheers. I’ve ordered the Bialetti Tuttocrema.

Drac
    grim168
    Free Member

+1 for the Bialetti Tuttocrema. It’s what we used before buying a gaggia. Always thought full fat milk gave better froth though.

porlus
    Free Member

Cheers. I’ve ordered the Bialetti Tuttocrema.

Nice one. Its a cracking bit of kit with nowt much to go wrong really. Just dont heat the milk with the lid on obviously, and rinse under a tap asap. Left on for a while once and it went a bit pongy. Took ages to get rid of the gone off milk smell.

Actually recommended one to a mate once. He wasnt that happy with how it frothed. Turned out he was pouring cold milk and and pumping away hahahaha.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’ve got one very similar to the Bialetti and it’s good for larger volumes of milk.
    We’ve also got a couple of Nespresso frothers which are the go-to device now. One was faulty out of the box (teach me to buy from eBay seller) and they swapped it no probs.

seadog101

[/url]

This was dead cheap, and makes frothy milk. Ikea £1. Buy a couple each time I am dragged there.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

+1 for the IKEA £1 job + microwave. I bought a £20 kettle style frother/heater thing recently. Underwhelming…

arrpee
    Free Member

Initially misread the thread title as “Milk Brothers”.

*slowly backs out of thread*

redthunder
    Free Member

LOGIK L20MF13 Electric Milk Frother – White

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-accessories/logik-l20mf13-electric-milk-frother-white-20582432-pdt.html

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pUCA7B]P1110782[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

Made this after today’s ride :-)….. upgraded IMO with Lidl mallows 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pUtCNs]P1110786[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

pedlad

Don’t get the dualit one, it’s bobbins. Either you have too little milk and it burns or too much and it overflows. The margin for error from the optimal milk volume is I estimate (as I’ve never managed it) 0.005ml

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Dualit frother for me, as long as you stick to the min max markings on the the metal spinning thingy its fine. Had it for over a year and makes a cracking hot cup o froth, then simply add some espresso Tassimo shots for a perfect latte/espresso etc

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Milk Frothers’ is closed to new replies.