Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Military watches magazine.
  • Ambrose

So, this military watches magazine is being heavily promoted at the moment. The first issue is a bargain-tactic £3:99, including a watch. Question is- does the watch actually work? I’m tempted to buy the mag for the this. Any ideas?

dh
    Free Member

I don’t have the time for those types of magazines tbh.

razorrazoo

It’s a watch that is £4 with a magazine, it may work but it’s guaranteed to be crap.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m sure the ad said it is waterproof.

Must be the real thing, surely?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought that it must be crap, but then if it’s some sort of standard issue for the US army then that’s millions of watches, considering you can get a tough watch from argos for a tenner that’s probably manufactured in quantities 100’s or 1000’s times lower it seems more plausible.

I still think it’ll be as close to a reliable watch as the bit by bit model of HMS Victory is to the real thing.

tron
    Free Member

They’re all repros. When you think that you can buy a cheap quartz watch for a few quid, it’s not astonishing that they can stick one to the front of a magazine.

Some of them are amusingly close to multi £K watches – looking at the website, there’s a Panerai, a Rolex Submariner, an Omega Seamaster 300, a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and a B uhr.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Sniggers 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Military watches magazine.’ is closed to new replies.