Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Military styled cycling stuff……
  • wrecker
    Free Member

I have camo gear I use for shooting.

Killing living beings for fun? and you say you dislike violence?

RustySpanner

I quite enjoy eating the odd rabbit I’ve battled with, mano a conejo.
    I usually use a Browning .50 cal, for the small ones anyway.

CountZero

My dad was born in 1916 and was, as we’re most of his generation, brought up on tales of heroics from the Boer War and WW1.
    He was quite vocal on the subject – if more people knew the truth, they wouldn’t sign up.

Yeah, and my dad was a Japanese POW in Changi Goal, and he wasn’t at all vocal on the subject.
    Your point is, caller?
    I’ve got various bits of ex-military kit, a German Flektarn Goretex jacket, and a couple of pairs of Danish M84 Flektarn issue trousers and a jacket, all good, well-made kit that was cheap, and I like the pretty patterns.
    I also have a couple of Nomex CWU-45 flying jackets, one previously owned by a US Army test crew member, judging by the service patch on the shoulder.
    I’m not objectifying war, I just appreciate well-made gear that’s cheap, and I like the aesthetic of certain camo patterns, and how well some work, and others don’t: most US camo sucks, for example.
    It’s also great for not really showing mucky marks when you’re out walking and it’s muddy.
    The flying jackets are perfect for wearing in the car, they’re comfy, and pretty much a classic bit of clothing design.
    If you don’t like it, sue me.
    Oh, and that sort of styling isn’t new on bikes, Kona did bikes in plain green with large stencil logos on, and I don’t recall anyone here snivelling about it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Das Sturmfahrrad

squirrelking
    Free Member

Killing living beings for fun?

Or food.

More ethical than any commercial slaughterhouse though thats for sure.

RustySpanner

CountZero – Member …….If you don’t like it, sue me.

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Just for clarification, I don’t care what anyone wears either.
    Ex army kit is cheap and it works – I’ve had a few pairs of para boots in the past and still have various bits I wear for fishing and shooting.

Do try reading what I’ve actually said, rather than what you’d like to believe I’ve said.
    🙂

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Maybe one of these as an alternative to orthodox handlebar bags…if you’ve been invited to the ‘right’ kind of party.

Narrow enough to fit between the drops of a racing bike too.

https://www.majorsurplus.com/german-repro-wwii-gas-mask-canister.html

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This has all gone somewhat…

RustySpanner

I think I prefer the MiG pilot’s helmet, a bargain at $150.
    🙂

Malvern Rider – Member
    This has all gone somewhat…

Oh shush, we’re enjoying it.
    People getting sweary, straw men, no one actually bothering to read the posts, CZ missing the point and going off on one.
    Business as usual really.
    😉

jamj1974

Your point is, caller?

Cheesy line dude!

kiwijohn

I did this a while ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Military styled cycling stuff……’ is closed to new replies.