Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Military road to Monument Hill in Dalmally, is it a dead end?
  • 13thfloormonk

I've noticed a wee tarmac road linking Dalmally with Loch fyne which goes via Monument Hill, but can anyone tell me if its tarmac all the way?

Don't fancy any hike-a-bike with the racing bike!

druidh
    Free Member

Loch Fyne?????

Just been looking on wheresthepath.com. The satellite imagery doesn't look promising once you get into the forest clearing area.

13thfloormonk

*Ahem* Loch Awe… 😳

Was thinking so fast I was one loch ahead…

It doesn't look promising on geograph either, except for a photo showing a forest track joining the military road, with a gate on it. I'm thinking they wouldn't put a gate on a forest road joining another forest road…

13thfloormonk

Thanks mr overshoot, good articles!

Unfortunately "vast majority on a quiet tarred road" and "partly resurfaced" don't fill me with confidence, I'm going to be on a 23c head down racing bike with 100 miles to cover so not sure I want to take any chances.

I might just inspect the road from the other end to see how it finishes, will know for future reference.

MrOvershoot

Probably best not tempt fate then, I did it a few years back but that was on a HT so the surface wasn't a deciding factor. That and once I reached the edge of Loch Awe I was only a mile from home 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Military road to Monument Hill in Dalmally, is it a dead end?’ is closed to new replies.