Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Mild Superpowers.
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

I’m pretty good at judging sizes/measurments, very good spacial awareness bordering on mental illness, i once bet my old boss i could make a key for his premises high security lock from just looking at the key once, which i did and it worked first time.

Any of you lot got any mild superpowers of any note?

wwaswas

does ‘falling off bicycles in defiance of all logic that says I should have stayed on’ count?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

i once bet my old boss i could make a key for his premises high security lock from just looking at the key once, which i did and it worked first time.

Got any proof…my superpowers says you don’t 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

i once bet my old boss i could make a key for his premises high security lock from just looking at the key once, which i did and it worked first time.

My superpowered bullshit detector is beeping 🙂

Given the tolerances involved with a key, I’d suggest your actual superpower is more likely to be that you’re incredibly lucky at guessing

matt_outandabout

I seem to have a 6th sense when canoeing when a capsize is imminent.
    There is a video of me on the web somewhere, the customers make two paddle strokes towards moving out the eddy, and I paddle forward out of the opposite eddy, stating to cameraman that they are about to swim….10seconds later, they do, and I am already halfway out into the river to rescue them … 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was it one of these kinds of keys?

I hate to break it to you, but I don’t think they’re high security jobbies.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh. I thought you meant, like, Putin’s been at the ganja or something.

“Ukraine? Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy….”

twinw4ll
    Free Member

If you havn’t got any, it’s ok to just say no.

theotherjonv

I can teletransport. Only over relatively short distances though, and in highly specific instances. One moment I can be sat on a bike, the next rolling in the dirt / in a pile of nettles or brambles, with no discernible (to me) reason why or how.

DezB
    Free Member

I can predict the future in my dreams. Really.
    I dream about something one night, then the next day a related event occurs.
    Pointless, but intriguing.

I could give examples, but other people’s dreams are bloody boring aren’t they.

pondo

I go down hills on my road bike pretty quick. 🙂

But that’s more a consequence of having more than your average cyclist’s mass, I fear. 🙁

56.8mph, is the quickest Strava’s clocked me at. Stitch that! 😀

miketually
    Free Member

I can hear when the 0 LED is flashing on our washing machine, to say it’s finished.

That’s not a very useful superpower, I’ll admit.

towzer

by the power of thought I can make my cars indicators work at the correct times
    (*well a brain impulse works my hand and it certainly appears that the vast majority of people are lacking this power )

johndoh
    Free Member

I can sense when there is a police car nearby. Many times I have suddenly decided to slow down, drive more carefully etc only to see a plod a few minutes later.

shermer75
    Free Member

How mild are we going here? Sometimes I can remember numbers quite well but often the order isn’t quite right

atlaz
    Free Member

Really good with knowing where I am usually. I can almost always walk around a place aimlessly and still know the right way back or retrace my steps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ The Wopster!

thepurist

When I was younger I could seem to effectively disappear in the presence of attractive laydees. That was a bit rubbish.

IHN

I am Volumeman, due to my incredible ability to judge on sight exactly which bowl or Tupperware wotsit is exactly the right size to hold the leftover chilli/curry/whatever. Mrs Nettles is often in awe at my awesome power.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I can ejaculate in my sleep.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I can diffuse incredibly tense situations by not really realising they’re happening and bumbling on merrily.

I walked into the middle of an armed robbery at a corner shop once and tried to by a twix, for some reason the robber panicked and ran off. I got the twix for free.

Harry_the_Spider

I can estimate the weight of a banana with an accuracy of better than 5% by looking at it.

I also have a magic shed which can reduce a perfectly good bike to a broken wreck over night.

kimbers

as an ex-toker-of-the-heavenly-bud I can sniff out a spliff on the go from hundreds of metres

seadog101

I do that thing where you spin/flick a screw from your fingers and it lands standing up on its point spinning like a top.

And I can hear bats’ squeaks.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I can estimate the weight of a banana with an accuracy of better than 5% by looking at it.

So 94% of the time you get it worng?

JohnJohn
    Free Member

I don’t bruise, that is I don’t go all funny colours when I bash myself! For instance, a couple of years ago I fell 3′ off a wall on to a 6″ round tree stump and broke a rib, big red graze, but no bruise.
    Not very useful just a bit odd.

emsz
    Free Member

According to some one on here a while ago, my very presence causes flooding.

Really though just call me Fabric off cut girl. The amazing ability to store random bits of fabric that will apparently magic themselves into a quilt or bunting

matt_outandabout

😆 @woppit.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can argue with TJ and not give up.

johndoh
    Free Member

I can argue with TJ and not give up.

You are merely Lex Luther to Superman.

willard

I’m reasonably good at telling when my wife has turned the heating up a bit, but I do think that’s more of a general bloke thing than a superpower.

I’m also good at getting things off high shelves, but at 6′ 5″, that’s hardly surprising.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Due to the high doses of anti-histamines I’m currently taking I’m immune to stingy nettles, which is handy 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

JohnJohn – Member
    I don’t bruise, that is I don’t go all funny colours when I bash myself! For instance, a couple of years ago I fell 3′ off a wall on to a 6″ round tree stump and broke a rib, big red graze, but no bruise.

How old are you? I used to be like that.. but I think it’s a superpower that dwindles with age. 🙁

ThePinkster

I have super accurate torque-hands that allow me to tighten up any bike bolt to the specified torque.

Well nearly, anyway.

jambourgie
    Free Member

France
    Israel
    Pakistan

rocketman
    Free Member
    enfht
    Free Member

I can genuinely hypnotise flies. As in hypnotised enough so I can squish them with the tip of my finger. Young flies seem to have inbuilt anti-hypnotic protection, but bigger flies like blue bottles don’t stand a chance.

I wish my unique superpower was more useful but there you go.

matt_outandabout

France
    Israel
    Pakistan

Mild we said.
    Canada would fit into that category.

jekkyl

JEngledow – Member
    Due to the high doses of anti-histamines I’m currently taking I’m immune to stingy nettles, which is handy

In february?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have the ability to make it rain simply by washing the car or hanging out the washing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Mild Superpowers.’ is closed to new replies.