Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MiGuard Alarms
  • andybanks
    Free Member

Has anyone bought one of these or got any experience of them?

http://www.responseelectronics.com/burglar-alarms-c8/miguard-wireless-alarms-c36/g5-gsm-alarm-controlled-by-sms-rfid-tag-or-free-app-p1009

They seem good value for money but I’m not sure if they’re reliable and also whether the keypad can be hard wired into the mains somehow as it seems to come with a power supply that plugs into a 13amp mains socket. I don’t really want a cable running down my wall for this with a plug on the end.

Cheers

andybanks
    Free Member

Bump…

Anyone?

We’ve got the option of having an alarm hardwired into a new build, but prefer the look of this and it’s cheaper than the developer are trying to charge us for a basic one.

allthepies
    Free Member

I looked at that exact alarm and was very close to buying one. In the end I wanted a few more features and so went for a (more expensive) Yale Smarthome system.

Edit: If you’ve got a newbuild and have the option of a wired system then go for that over a wireless setup IMO. More reliable and no recurring battery replacement costs.

andybanks
    Free Member

Thanks – will keep that in mind

Isn’t there a guy on here who runs an alarm company somewhere around Leeds?

Flaperon

I have one of these alarms. It’s basic but does the job. The wireless keypads are somewhat shonky when it comes to build quality but the rest of the stuff is fine.

I use the phone app to arm and disarm (or you can SMS it).

As others have said though, if you can get a wired system for a reasonable price, do it. I assume you’re getting CAT6 dropped to each room too while the chance to do it is still there?

andybanks
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice.

I won’t be getting CAT6 as everything is going wireless anyway these days.

allthepies
    Free Member

ton works for a company that sell Texecom alarms (in Leeds), he’s posted previously that he can get stuff for trade prices to anyone interested. However he’s just had heart surgery and is (hopefully!) recovering so may not be around on here for a few days/weeks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MiGuard Alarms’ is closed to new replies.