Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Might have created my own heaven
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Not been cycling for years, other than little bits every few months between agony, and recently had a microdiscectomy due to l4/l5 prolapse and cauda equina syndrome. 6 months after the opp I’m allowed to do stuff by the physio, so I built up a c456 evo with some bucket list parts. Fox 36 floats, m8000/9000 1×11 with turbine cinch cranks (160). LB Carbon 33mm rims on pro 4 hubs (self built) , haven 35 bars, richey pro carbon seat post, some hans dampf tyres, tech3 V4 brakes. Totally built it up in my head as it’s exactly the spec I want. 27lbs. Got it to the trail and worried it was not going to live up to the love I’d sunk into it.

Man I bloody love it. I never thought I’d get this feeling for a bike again. I sit and think about it when I’m in work. I face out the window wondering if I can get home early enough to go out.

Such a nice place to be. So nice over rough stuff (feels softer than my FS ever did!) But incredibly precise, light and floats over jumpy rolly sections. Put in my second fastest time on my old trail, at night lol.

Just thought I’d share the feeling with people who would get it. Thanks all for posting about your bikes and your travels, gave me something to look forward to while recovering.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Good on you! Sounds like a nice build too.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery and get some pics up man!

Stevet1
    Free Member

Nice, it’s great when everything you’ve waited so long for comes together and works, makes the trails even better.

retro83
    Free Member

scandal42
    Free Member

Pics

I loved my old 456c

coffeeking
    Free Member

Pic 1
    Pic 2

Still not got the courage to cut the steerer down but I’ll have a few more rides to set the position.

Thanks folks!

jamj1974

Brilliant stuff. Keep on pedalling!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Might have created my own heaven’ is closed to new replies.