Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Miele Washing Machines
  • Spud

Are they really worth the money? Our Bosch is on its last legs and we give it a lot of hammer, so looking at replacements. Keen to hear from those who have actually used/ own a Miele.

fbk
    Free Member

My folks have got one and love it. It is impressively quiet and seems reliable. I’m happy with our bosch though and don’t think I’d pay the extra.

Hohum
    Free Member

We have had ours for about 5 years now and it seems fine (touch wood) and with 2 adults and 3 young children in the house it is used a lot.

aP
    Free Member

It works, it’s quiet, it cleans clothes, it doesn’t use a lot of electricity or water.

sobriety
    Free Member

I’ve got one, it wasn’t cheap, but it’s bloomin quiet, and came with a 10 year warranty, whihc is nice.

andy_hamgreen

yes – they are – ours survived 2 kids and obsessive washing habits over many years….they just work

wombat

We’ve had one for 4 or 5 years now, probably does about 8 to 10 loads a week, not cheap but well worth every penny, quiet, washes clothes well without using very much water or electricity. All the buttons still feel like new.

Put simply, they work

Spud

Great stuff, thanks.

TiRed

Yes but don’t pay for features. One up from the bottom of the range. Everyone washes on 40C. Ours is 8 years old and runs daily.

slimraybob
    Free Member

We have a 10 year old washing machine and a 6 year old dryer,both still look brand new. Without a doubt the best machine for the money.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

A bit off topic:, you can get electric clothes horses now (the pipes heat up).

Wally

Mine had 10year warranty and getting an element replaced after 6 years of baby hammering in hard water area was a pleasure. Ring them, well spoken lady answers in seconds,provide name + address, they confirm warranty and provide engineer slots. He arrives on time in miele van , uses miele parts and fixes without fuss.

The earlier point about buying second from Bottom of range was emphasised by miele engineer too. No point going for fancy electronics . Case / element/ drum/ mechanicals are the same and what you are paying for. They are very solid heavy machines.

2bit

We picked up an 8yr old one from Freecycle thats still going nearly 6 years after we got it.

Its been repaired once in that whole time (can’t remember what for) and the repair guy offered to buy it off us as he didnt see that many 2nd hand Miele.

Cant fault the one we’ve had..

TheGingerOne

Had mine 9 years and it is still running fine (and in a hard water area).

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Yes. Bombproof. Ours came with a 10 year warranty too.

Bunnyhop

We bought the cheapest one , imo worth every penny.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Miele Washing Machines’ is closed to new replies.