• This topic has 25 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by T1000.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Miele washer dryer disappointment.
  • russ295
    Free Member

I’m the first to recommend Miele as I have a washing machine and I fit kitchens as my job and regularly come across machines that are 20+ years old and still look brand new.
    My wife bought a washer dryer to go in the back of her hair salon, £1200’s worth.
    It gets used very little, prob 1 wash a week and maybe 5 drying cycles.
    14 months in and it’s packed up. Miele guy came out and informed that as it’s in a commercial property is not covered (it’s in the small print)
    Que £200 repair bill on Tuesday. Today it’s packed up again showing the same fault.
    Phoned customer service and was told to expect another bill!
    Not a happy bunny, could have bought 5 beko’s for what it’s going to cost.

thegreatape
    Free Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/Miele_GB

Have a grumble on there maybe, see what happens?

Jamie
    Free Member

Phoned customer service and was told to expect another bill!

That bit does seem off. Surely the repair would be guaranteed for a short while.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    russ295
    Free Member

Yeah was going to. Just pee’d off at there attitude tbh. They put us onto the section that deals with the warranties and even he said “unofficially” it stinks.

russ295
    Free Member

The repair that hasn’t worked is guaranteed.

footflaps

Doesn’t seem fit for purpose, £1200 machine only lasting 14 months….

russ295
    Free Member

It should have had a 2 year warranty, but because it’s located in the back of her shop they class it as commercial. No warranty.
    If I’d have known this before I bought it I wouldn’t have spent £1200 on it. Bloody thing has hardly been used tbh!

Jamie
    Free Member

If I’d have known this before I bought it I wouldn’t have spent £1200 on it.

…or popped it in a van and put it in your kitchen 😉

russ295
    Free Member

I’ve got a van! But didn’t know they’d class it as comercial.

wwaswas

A hair salon that does one wash a week?

I imagine that as it was a business purchase all the usual consumer protection rules are out the window.

Next time take it home and then report a fault?

russ295
    Free Member

You don’t think they get washed every time there used do you?
    Out on the line or a quick dry!
    Yip. Should have brought it home.

tom200

They don’t like hair. My misses works at a vets and they by Miele, they last about 2years of dog blankets, running 10 hours a day though.

I’ve got a 15 year old washing machine and a 20 year old dishwasher, both are faultless.

hegdehog
    Free Member

A relative of mine had a similar problem. She bought a Miele washer drier hoping that it’d be more reliable than other makes that she’d had bad experiences with. Turned out it wasn’t worth the extra ££ over something like a Zanussi..
    She came to the conclusion that whatever make, a washer drier just didn’t offer much long term reliability, so went back to just a washing machine. She still bought a Miele again though..

kcal

We had a washer drier, AEG. It blew up at least a couple of times, expensive fixes but under warranty. Eventually they sold us another under a trade-in scheme. I think the w/d concept is good but inherently flawed in execution personally….

bruk

Used to get through 1 washing machine and 1 tumble dryer a year roughly at vets practice I used to work in. Usually bought special deals etc as nobody would cover them for commercial use. Now use commercial Washing machine just because volume of washing is such that a 15kg load is needed. Doesn’t seem to be any more reliable but at least is covers by warranty. Cost is roughly the same as disposable machines but able to keep clean dry bedding available 24 hours a day 365 days a year now.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Then take it home, plug it in and call them again?

avdave2

You’d only need one Beko as it would have burnt down the salon when it went wrong. For what it’s worth I’ve always thought all washer dryers are unreliable. They are a bit like macerator toilets, i.e. something only to go for when there is no other solution.

spooky_b329

The repair may not be guaranteed as its still being used commercially, albeit not intensively.

cinnamon_girl

I’ve been saying on here that Miele products have gone downhill, certainly products from 15 years ago were better quality. Both my washing machine and fridge/freezer have needed repair after a couple of years.

Would not buy Miele again.

russ295
    Free Member

[The repair may not be guaranteed as its still being used commercially, albeit not intensively.
    ]

The repair didn’t work!

dannybgoode

BBC have done a piece on the lack of quality of white goods these days. We have Beko everything and nothing’s gone wrong or burned down!

linky to article

russ295
    Free Member

Update if anyone is interested.

I got in touch with the seller, AO.com, I explained the whole thing to them and they got in touch with Miele, they came out FOC and repaired it again.
    It lasted 6 days before the same error code came up.
    Got back onto AO (they’ve been great) and Meile got in touch and aranged to sent their senior engineer out who spent 3 hrs dismantling it, and rebuilt it, replacing a few bits, he’s coming back in the new year to replace the front panel as its blistered underneath. All FOC, so hopefully its sorted.
    HE did say unofficialy the washer dryers are s***e tho!

nealglover
    Free Member

Meile got in touch and aranged to sent their senior engineer out who spent 3 hrs dismantling it, and rebuilt it, replacing a few bits, he’s coming back in the new year to replace the front panel as its blistered underneath. All FOC

Sounds like it’s cost them more than than just replacing it with new one.

irc

I’m no engineer but are washer dryers not inherently more fault prone as they are a more complicated machine? Also unless space is at a real premium having separates means one load can be drying while the second load is being washed.

According to Which – they are twice as fault prone.

One in five washer-dryers needs repair in its first six years, compared to around one in ten washing machines and tumble dryers.

It’s the price you pay for cramming two sets of technology into one appliance: compromises are made and there’s more that could go wrong.

http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/home-appliances/reviews/washer-dryers/page/faqs/

russ295
    Free Member

Would prob have been cheaper!
    Space was the main reason but we’ve purchased a dryer and will have to squeeze it in somewhere, just going to use the washing cycle from now on.

T1000
    Free Member

I’ve specified Miele’s commercial range of products in an office environment and had more breakdowns than anticipated but being from the commercial range they’ve not charged for any breakdowns

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Miele washer dryer disappointment.’ is closed to new replies.