Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Miele Vacuum – Repair or Replace?
  • Eddiethegent

First off, no, I don’t want a Dyson…

I’ve had a Miele Cat & Dog vacuum for the last 12 years and it’s done a fantastic job. Carpets, curtains and a thousand loom bands, it’s sucked them all. Sadly it’s now started making grinding noises.

Luckily it can be fully disassembled with only a Torx T20 so i’ve had it apart and found that the motor is the cause. I can buy a new motor for £130 and fit it myself but then again a whole new Cat & Dog is only £199.

What to do, repair the old battered one or just buy a shiny new one?

A further consideration is my old Cat & Dog has a 2200W motor but the new versions make do with 1200W. Will I notice the difference?

And no, I don’t want a Dyson.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Repair it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bin it.

We had a Cat & Dog from similar era.

Bought a new Cat & Dog about 4 months ago.

The suction is better than our old one, and the buttons are just a bit easier to use, it’s quieter too.

bruneep

ebay spares or repair and buy a new one

johnnystorm

Miele lives in the back of the under stairs cupboard and never sees the light of day. Dyson V6 has seen to that. #embracetheinevitable

jimbobo
    Free Member

we had ours serviced as it was just out of warranty. £130 lighter I wish we’d just bought a new one! Our dyson hpwever that we inherited with the house as a broken vacuum, is easy to fix and parts easy to find at the tip!

ninfan
    Free Member

I can buy a new motor for £130… And no, I don’t want a Dyson.

I think we know who is lurking in the shadows, don’t we?

martinhutch

Just swapped my Dyson for a new Miele bagless one. Makes me realise what I’ve been missing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Miele Vacuum – Repair or Replace?’ is closed to new replies.