Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • midweek vids-Basque-music?
  • rOcKeTdOg

[video]http://vimeo.com/19223604[/video]

is that really the Basque country or secretly filmed on one dry day in the UK? their winter is like our summer

but what/who is the track playing?

bob_summers

“wide eyed legless”

interesting about the weather. san sebastian is wetter than manchester, but we have fewer rainy days. and if we get a south wind, then it’s 16 or 18 degrees in january (was sunbathing on the beach last feb).

but on the flipside, bad weather off the atlantic can get stuck here for weeks as it can’t get over the mountains.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Bob’s right! It’s “wide eyed and legless” by Laura Veirs off her July Flame album. I really like it, whether it’s right for a biking video is debatable!

Our winter can be totally miserable RocketDog, we don’t run holidays here over the winter months because of that. We often get southerly winds though which dry everything out so we don’t get so much mud and the leaves dry fast.

bob_summers

i think it works well. don’t think there are any rules nowadays, i grew up watching skate videos and their obligatory thrash or punk soundtrack, but with brian jonestown massacre on earthed (was it? can’t remember) and danny macaskill using band of horses….

according to wikipedia, SS is wetter than even barrow in furness (more than double the rainfall in jan). good job i didn’t come here for the weather 😥

Diane
    Free Member

Ahhh looks lovely – I’ve gone all gooey (Especially after yesterday’s mud bath)

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve gone for mellow because it matches my riding better 🙂 I think I’d look like a bit of a wannabe if I did a metal one. Like one of those bald guys you see with ponytails.

It can be bitter here in the winter, 2 years ago January was horrible, I think I started to evolve gills. I’m be out trail finding or building regardless though, it’s the karmic balance for the rest of the year 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

Thanks Diane!

Mackem

Looks a nice day today, i’m off out after my coffee.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Me too, just trying to get off the velcro sofa!

rOcKeTdOg

ooh blimey i have a laura viers Cd, i picked it up as the cover looked interesting without knowing what she sounded like about 5 years ago, wasn’t too bad, must dig it out

thekingofsweden

Damn thought it would be you in a ‘Basque’ 😯

doug_basqueMTB.com

And of course: http://dirt.mpora.com/news/video-pista-prest-dago.html, the prequel to that one above. I’ve been riding there the last couple of days and the great news is that Alexis, the local guy who built a lot of the jumps and starred in the video has just been sponsored. Next year for him is going to be travelling around filming with some big names in NZ, Chatel, Whistler etc. Great to see a young guy working hard and achieving his dreams. I guess the stuff will be news anyway but if not I’ll post it up here.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘midweek vids-Basque-music?’ is closed to new replies.