Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • midweek daytime rides scotland?
  • wee-al
    Free Member

Any body up for some midweek rides during the day throughout the summer?
    I’m in the far north of scotland but i’m willing to meet up farther afield if it’s worth my while (50k wilderness ride would be worth my while).

I work three weeks on three weeks off, so i’m available a fair bit.

Cheers, Al.

devs
    Free Member

Dunno about 50k rides but I can sneak the odd afternoon in. Unfortunately it would all be last minute i.e I wouldn’t know if I can go until the same day. It’s depends on workload. I just tend to knock off at 3 usually when I sneak the odd ride in. Furry boots are you? I’m in Moray.

druidh
    Free Member

What’s “far north”?

wee-al
    Free Member

The far north is very far, Thurso.

druidh
    Free Member

Eek! I certainly have some plans for Torridon etc this year, so I’ll make sure I pop them up here as they start to come together.

BoardinBob

Wee Al, I would be interested in any routes you knew up that way. the in-laws have a holiday home in Bettyhill that I visit a few times over the summer but I’ve never been able to find any details of decent singletrack in the area

Swello
    Free Member

Boardinbob – see: Arkle Loop – a short drive from Bettyhill….

wee-al
    Free Member

Yeah i’m off to Torridon this weekend when i get back frome off shore. I just hope the weather is better out here than it is out here!!!

That Arkle loop looks like a belter if very hard. Have you done it before swello? I’d be well up for it.

Unfortunately Boardinbob i don’t know of too many singletrack routes of any substance. My local ride is an out and back to Dounreay and a couple of other small (real small) bits. I’m going to get my adventure on this season though hopefully and try and find some.

Otherwise it’s all traveling to and from, which i don’t mind if they’re worth it.

Has anyone ridden mount keen and is it worth the drive from up here?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘midweek daytime rides scotland?’ is closed to new replies.