Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Midlife crisis resolution offerings… on a budget
  • camo16
    Free Member

Howdy all,

So, I woke up a couple of months ago feeling the classic symptoms of a proper midlife crisis: a knot of inner rage combined with the overwhelming compulsion to watch Fast’n’Loud and spend hours on eBay searching for wholly inappropriate bling with chrome on. 🙁

It took a while to understand why, but then I realised this is because I haven’t:

(a) Achieved anything particularly cool or worthwhile, or
    (b) Accumulated enough dough to buy a flash car/yacht so at least I feel badass if lastingly unfulfilled

Since there’s not much likelihood of rectifying either (a) or (b) in the short term, I’m after a quick fix. 😀

Anyone out there know how to resolve the classic symptoms of a midlife crisis for basically no cash?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Bang a 20 year old.

[/thread]

jambourgie
    Free Member

LSD.

camo16
    Free Member

😀

I’ve obviously been over thinking things!

tomkerton
    Free Member

Fitness. Be obsessive for a few months. Enter an open water swim/triathlon/sportive/marathon. It can be fun but can cost a few bob. Less than a Harley though.

rob2
    Free Member

Bang a 20yr old whilst on LSD.

🙂

Youknowsit

camo16
    Free Member

Three very decent answers, cheers.

Actually considering tomkerton’s option, which sounds just like the job.

Giving the other 2 some thought. 😀

You just don’t get this kind of wisdom on Retrobike.

jam-bo

Go for an adventure. I’ve got flights booked for ten days bikepacking across Iceland in the summer.

lazybike
    Free Member

Bang a 20yr old called harley whilst on lsd..in a swimming pool.

Suggsey
    Free Member

What’s your biggest phobia……everyone’s got at least one phobia I reckon.
    Whatever it is go do something that involves facing up to it and scaring yourself shitless, that way you’ll get the full dose of adrenaline etc for next to nowt!

camo16
    Free Member

No real phobia’s, sadly. I don’t really like mice. So, pet shop? 😉

bearnecessities

Deffo for exercise, sadly.

Either that, or £4k apparently will get you a cracking set of norks.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Buy something expensive, ego-enhancing but ultimately worthless for yourself. Have meaningless sex with a girl half your age, do something with your life that makes you feel happy, fulfilled, challenged and excited to do more…

Take a month or two off, go volunteering/offering your skills for a chosen project in a part of the world you’ve always wanted to see. Begin by registering at Help Exchange. Adventures start with one small step…

Rubber_Buccaneer

You can buy stuff but it doesn’t really help, you need to do something with the stuff. I can recommend a couple of aspirational films for you ‘Wild Hogs’ and ‘City Slickers’.

Edit NOT ‘American Beauty’

TheBrick
    Free Member

Drung bing wolf of wall street style.

exile_smoggy

I went for the 20 (inch wheel) option – race BMX

camo16
    Free Member

The idea of an adventure sounds amazing… will have to have a think. Cheers everyone. 😀

In the meantime, City Slickers it is. 😉

nigew
    Free Member

Buy a downhill bike and get on some uplift days!!
    I did it a few years ago and wish i’d done it loads sooner.

48 next a month.

mikey74
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t buy “stuff”, “stuff” will be a waste of time. An experience will last a thousand times longer and be far more rewarding.

samuri
    Free Member

Skateboard
    Dirt Jumping
    BMXing
    Them kites that lift you off your feet

Tried ’em all with varying degrees of success. Currently trying to nail all of the climbs in the 100 Climbs book.

I expect I’ll have another MLC after that as well.

camo16
    Free Member

I expect I’ll have another MLC after that as well.

They come back? 😯 😥

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Midlife crisis resolution offerings… on a budget’ is closed to new replies.