Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Midges grrr….
  • konaboy2275
    Free Member

Was out the other night on my street and noticed I was being bitten by the little black things, went to Gisburn on Wednesday and now look I’ve got a case of ebola on my arms and legs. Are they swarming at the moment or have I become mushy enough for them to eat me?
    My legs look like this;

http://www.umm.edu/imagepages/17160.htm

😯

(Ps I’ve been on Arran when they coming across the campsite like mist clouds – it was a bit like that in Gisburn car park on wednesday night!)

davy-g
    Free Member

aye the buggas are out in force…I was doing the Kirroughtree black a few weeks ago and I had a puncture up in the woods on the “Black Craigs” section… I was working away changing the inner tube when I looked up and it was a like a scene from John Carpenter’s “The Fog” coming at me through the trees…. I have never swapped out an inner tube so fast in my bloody life… 😀

Last weekend was bad as well, I was glad I had a midge net while I was marshalling at the NPS at Kirroughtree…

neninja
    Free Member

Got bitten really badly in local woods on a ride a couple of weeks ago. Whatever it was, they bit me all over my legs and arms and some of them got inside my jersey and bit my chest and back too.

The bites had got so painful, swollen and bruised that I had to go to the docs the following day who put me straight on to antibiotics.

I’ve no idea what had bitten me as I’ve never had a reaction like that before. I’ll be avoiding that particular location until it gets drier though.

philfive
    Free Member

Gisburn is terrible at the moment, I went up last Sunday and I now look like a pack of dominoes

stumpyjon

We were trail building at Gisburn last night and were using DEET repellent. It stopped them biting but they were so thick in the air that you ended breathing them in…..

andyrallye
    Free Member

I too look like a domino, Gisburn on Monday evening.
    Barely stopped riding, got ambushed in the carpark when I got back, took about a thousand home with me.
    Urrgh makes me want to scratch the red blotches now…

bigG
    Free Member

We usually have a rule on group rides that we all help out to fix any mechanicals or punctures, never leave a rider and all that

The only exception is when the midges are out, then it’s every man for himself. Surprising how fast you can bodge when being bitten

jimmy

Smidge. This stuff actually works.

tandemwarriors

We usually have a rule on group rides that we all help out to fix any mechanicals or punctures, never leave a rider and all that

The only exception is when the midges are out, then it’s every man for himself. Surprising how fast you can bodge when being bitten

Yep, same here in bonny Dunoon!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Midges grrr….’ is closed to new replies.