Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Middlesbrough, Anything there?
  • ben.t
    Free Member

I’ve got a job, chemistry industrial year in Middlesbrough, any decent rides nearby? Anybody know anything about the place?

Thanks all!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Its right on the northern tip of the north York Moors. I had a great time riding up to Eston nab and beyond

momo

Yes, lots of great riding near the ‘Boro.

I was there for 3 years as a student, Guisborough woods has some good trails, and loads of great stuff on the moors.

Neil-S
    Free Member

Absolutely LOADS.

Guisborough and the North York Moors to the south, Dales and Pennines to the west.

auricgoldfinger

As they say, loads of good riding up there – only reason I visit my in-laws so that I can take the bike.

djglover
    Free Member

Nearby hills and coast are probably the only plus points. Otherwise Middlesbrough is a total and utter hole.

clubber
    Free Member

great riding, truly awful town… Sorry…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Voted “Dirtiest town in Europe”

Its a complete sh1ttip of a place..

Best thing about it is the A66/ A19 that gets you out of there..

But, yes, there is some good riding to be had..

Head north and your only 40mins from Hexham Moor/ and then not far from The Cheviots.. and some cracking riding.

Head south, and you’ve got Dalby if thats yer thing, but like everyone else has said, yer on the doorstep of the NYM..

Inbred456
    Free Member

As in the Hamsterly post check out this book, its a Gem!
    http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/north_yorkshire_moors.htm

brakes
    Free Member

woah, woah, woah, don’t go slagging the Boro
    unless you’re from there

some great riding though – where will you be based? living?
    take a lock… and a shotgun if you go up Eston Nab

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Was up Eston Nab today with my body guard, Vern, some good singletrack and easy enough to get to the moors. ;0)
    Give me a shout when you want to get out for a ride, I regularly ride with a good bunch of guys that will show you the best bits and push your limits. :0))

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Some of Eston Hills singletrack.

Filthy
    Free Member

woah, woah, woah, don’t go slagging the Boro
    unless you’re from there

OK its a shithole, the town is rubbish but there is plenty of riding nearby as already mentioned.

Eston Nab, on a schoolday while the kids are out of the way…
    And where you’ll probably be working in the distance.

Plenty of local riders on here if your looking for someone to ride with

neil853
    Free Member

hey boro is alright don’t knock the boro! good night out as well!!!!

riding in the cleveland hills is awesome, great ayton, newton under roseberry, and guisborough to name but a few. then you’ve got osmotherley and carlton bank (carlton in cleveland) a bit further down.

there are no trail centres nearby, except maybe Dalby and Hamsterly but you wouldn’t want to walk to them!!!! the best idea is arrange a ride with some people on here or go to bikescene in guisborough, i think they do wednesday night rides and possibly sunday rides?

i make the trip home once every couple of months for some riding, nothing like your home trails and there’s nowt like the ‘red run’! ha ha

djglover
    Free Member

i make the trip home once every couple of months

So great you left it.

Just like I did 🙄

keavo
    Free Member

as above, also fryupdale, rosedale, baysdale. would be best to go with a local rider to show you less obvious trails, try paul.keavney1@ntlworld.com if you like. the town isn’t as bad as often made out to be. where’s the job?

neil853
    Free Member

i only moved because the job dictated it, quite happily live there again, well maybe not after being spoilt with the lakes, north wales and peaks riding i do know 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Middlesbrough, Anything there?’ is closed to new replies.