Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Middleburn Uno – would you recommend?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

Considering the above, what's your experience of the product, and what chain do you use (crc state 'singlespeed chain only)8spd ok? Using with a 38t ring and Rohloff hub.

catfood
    Free Member

Mine have been faultless, I thought the biggest uno ring was 34teeth without using a spider and seperate ring. The black crank arms scuff quite easily if that bothers you.

woodsman
    Free Member

The 38's are too new for the website – apparantly! What chain are you using?

Plan on going all silver btw.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    catfood
    Free Member

SRAM PC1, seems to last well, mechanic at my lbs swears by em, not too much stretch and powerlink makes things very easy for dropping the odd link out.

Aidan
    Free Member

I tried Uno, and went for a normal spider with a steel chainring in the end. It's the bike I ride every week so wearing out the Uno ring was a problem for me – environmentally and financially.

nickc

Mine was faultless, wear didn't bother me as t was SS, so it could get as hooked as it liked, and didn't make the slightest bit of difference. Only gripe is that mine's a square taper.

69er
    Free Member

Another big yes vote here. My Middleburns are square taper, which is a positive for me. The ring is hardcote, the set up is 3/32 chain and rings. I only ever use Sram chains, PC850 for the s/s, and Surly cogs.

I'm 16st, exert a lot of force when climbing and have used this set up in all conditions including racing the 12/24 and nightriding off road through the winter. It's proved to be 100% bombproof.

woodsman
    Free Member

Ok, so a standard 8spd chain works ok, bit confused by the statement on crc site regarding ss chain only, as I destroyed a PC1 in no time, and won't be going back there.

8 speed chain ok then?

Raouligan
    Free Member

Hi could you let me know where you've seen the 38T version, it wopuld be about perfect for my next build?

woodsman
    Free Member

I gave Matthew a ring at Middleburn after hearing on here. The 38's are stock, just not on the site, which is in the process of being revamped. The contact details are on their site.

funkynick

According to the Middleburn website they come in both 1/8 and 3/32, so you'll have to make sure you get the right one.

I use one on my SS and I've got no complaints about it at all… does exactly what it says on the tin.

mcboo
    Free Member

3/32 34t hardcoat here with a pc971 SRAM chain and 9sp cassette. Love it a lot, looks like it will run forever and very light.

I've started buying from these guys

http://www.rjcx-treme.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_MIDDLEBURN_UNO_CHAINRINGS.html

They take 10% off at checkout so your 38t in harcoat will be £45 delivered. I just bought an outer for 24.70 instead of £31 at CRC.

john_l
    Free Member

what funkynick said – there's a 3/32 & a 1/8th version, so you obviously need to get the right chain to match the ring.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn Uno – would you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.