Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Middleburn RS7 on cx bike
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

anyone run rs7s on their cx bike – what chainrng / spider combo are you using. Duo doesn’t seem to work and i have a nice titanium Hope square taper bb i don’t want to waste.

CaptainCrash
    Free Member

I run RS7 square taper Duo 42/29 combo alright on my Surly Crosscheck. I do use an old 105 road shifter and LX mtb front mech though, works a treat 8)

jameso

RS7s with an R-01 road compact spider and 34-48 on my cx-ish sort of bike. The Incy spider with 32-46 could also be good, but at the mo I prefer the 38T single ring on my more-cx-ish bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Didn’t hope do different spiders for different applications?
    My memory is fading but I know I have two very different spiders on the sets I have, if my memory serves correctly one of them is much more dished than the other, probably to space it away from the BB more, what is the problem you are having?

Nipper99
    Free Member

I think the problem is that i’m using mtb chaingrings designed for 135 mm rear hub with a 130 mm set up so the chain line is to cock – the inner chain ring starts to pick up on the outer chainring as you start to drop down the gears – the chainrings sort of need to move out by 5mm.

CaptainCrash
    Free Member

That’s easy then, try a longer axle in the bottom bracket, if you can find one 😐

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn RS7 on cx bike’ is closed to new replies.