Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • middleburn cable oilers?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

What do you spray in yours? Using ht85 but wondering if something a bit more lube based might be a good idea. Also, I find the ht85 goes everywhere.

james
    Free Member

started with WD40, since then they’ve changed the size of the red spray pipe and it doesn’t fit into the cable oiler

Since been using ‘maintenence spray’ by a couple of different makes (viking?). cant remember the names, its whatever work has

nealy
    Free Member

Silicone spray or Everbuild P19 silicone & PTFE spray which is a bit “greasier”

DezB
    Free Member

Weldtite TF2 spray is good

andrewh
    Free Member

Wurth Sabesto(?) here for all such applications, although not cable oilers as I have Alligator i-links on everything, full length, and they are pretty impervious to the dirt.

raccoon
    Free Member

Another one using the weldtite tf2 in mine.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have been using Finish Line Cross Country (green) in mine for years. As an experiment I’ve switched to Finish Line Teflon (Red), although due to life and illness I’ve not actually had a chance to ride for the last month, since I fitted the cables in fact. FFS.

Onzadog
    Free Member

So people are running grease and oil in them rather than just flushing with wd or gt?

ell_tell
    Free Member

Got one of these, handy & no mess as precise applicator
    progold pen

plop_pants
    Free Member

I just flush out with wd40. Great little devices, gawd knows when I’ll actually have to change the cables and outers at this rate. Never hopefully.

PhilO
    Free Member

Flush with GT85, then follow that with a squirt of 3 in 1. Can’t remember the last time I had a sticky cable. 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

I would suggest grease through an oiler would create too much drag.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Very light grease is ok if it’s a very short run – say the last bit of cable between the stay and rear mech but I agree with bigyinn, if you start pumping a load of grease in – i.e. more than you get in XTR cables things get really draggy.

brooess
    Free Member

GT85 seems to do the trick for me. No cable changes for 2 years…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘middleburn cable oilers?’ is closed to new replies.