Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Middleburn and the world of thick/thin
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Thick/thin, Narrow/wide.
    A proven design.
    Some IP issues obviously.

But surely it lends itself to the Middleburn approach to drivetrains. The UNO, the RS7/8/X, CNC’d rings…OMG and wotabout ovalised?

How perfect would that be?!

I love Middleburn stuff. I dont know the guy personally, and I dont claim to know the development pipeline, but shouldnt a Co. built around CNC production be up there producing up at the front design stuff?

gardron
    Free Member

They’re doing them.

see here

Stoner
    Free Member

why TF do people put stuff on facebook? He’s got a perfectly good website with a blog page. grrrr.

and 😳

benpinnick

I have one on my current bike (well one of them). First impressions are really good – the hardcoat really kills some of the grind that you get on other brands when muddy. The newer gen ones are nicer looking and lighter than mine but thats ok… I don’t mind… honest.

Stoner
    Free Member

where did you get your first gen from, Ben?
    I cant find a single mention of thick thin on the middleburn site.

benpinnick

Matt from middleburn dropped it round 😉 we are working on some things together. Not sure if they are for sale yet, but the last version I saw was very production ready (IMHO) so I expect soon.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ah, well I had Kiera round last night to rub my back and Kylie gave me a special cuddle. It’s clearly who you know eh? 🙂

Next time you tete á tete with Matt, ask him to rustle up some direct fit ovalised thick thins pls 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn and the world of thick/thin’ is closed to new replies.