Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Middle class?
  • br
    Free Member

Not sure which is more middle class; going to see Paul Weller tonight or been already pi55ed on Pimms?

Vote.

Bunnyhop

I've done both in the past, so I must be a hooray Henrietta. O.K Yah! Hic.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You don't have to be middle class to have an awful taste in music. 😆

The pimms – middle class is defined by how you served it?

br
    Free Member

Cold with lime, lemon and mint from the garden 🙄

Christ, we really are middle-class!

allthepies
    Free Member

Apparently the Weller gigs are sh*te (apart from when Foxton turns up but don't think he's doing that at all the dates)

HTH.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mint from the garden… yep, middle class. Cucumber in there would've put you upper middle.

allthepies
    Free Member

From a musician mate who got a free ticket to Weller @ Albert Hall :-

"Back from gig – If I'd paid to go to that, I wouldn't have been happy. New songs are average at best, didn't do much old stuff – No Town Called Malice, Wildwood, You Do Something To Me, Going Underground. Too many pauses while the guitar players changed guitars virtually every song – that's just ****. Play the ****ing thing! Then, three 'intervals where the band left the stage for no apparent reason. Vague end to the gig, there was going to be a last encore, but the streams of people already leaving put them off, and the house lights came up.

The hight point – and it was a high point, was the appearance of Bruce Foxton on bass, for a few songs. First time they'd played together in 28 years. Audience went bonkers, the roof lifted off, and the energy level went up 300%. But sadly, once he'd done his bit, it slumped back into mediocrity."

br
    Free Member

Last time I saw Foxton was at an SLF gig, but he wasn't with them last time we saw them.

But the gig should be good, about 1000 people standing – with the bar only 10 yards away 😆

duntstick
    Free Member

Sounds more middle aged than middle class!

You can tell if your working class if you need to wash your hands before you pee rather than after 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

>You can tell if your working class if you need to wash your hands before you pee rather than after

😆 That's a pretty good indicator I reckon! (although the "working class" guardianistas on here won't like it 😉 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

Everyone knows that the upper classes don't need to wash afterwards, as they don't pee on their hands!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

…as they have someone employed to hold it for them.

monksie
    Free Member

I once read on here "Middle class aspirations with working class incomes"- that made me laugh and brought to mind a lot of people I know personally who use this website.
    Sorry – carry on.

Shadow
    Free Member

your not middle class your just a cock

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh bu99er. 12/13. 😳

allthepies
    Free Member

Err, 1 out of 13 😆

Houns

9/13

Must try harder (or get an aga)

M6TTF
    Free Member

4/5 out of 13

tthew

Yes to Q12. No to all others, except –
    Q8, no, I say tea. Dinner is what you have in the middle of the day.

edit – Oh hang on. I like Hummus too, I was thinking of that white stuff that comes in squares, looks like half set Polyfilla.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It would appear that one is of middle class income but working class aspiration, 6/13.

Suburbanlife
    Free Member

2/13 – as I'm sat here with a glass of Prosecco (sweet and sickly) and eating pitta bread and Hummus.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cant stand paul weller but he has my vote for the best quote ever…

back stage at some gig few years ago some presenter came up to him with a mic and said

"Paul there are rumours you will be doing a duet with james blunt"

the reply..

"I'd rather eat my own sh*t"

99percentchimp
    Free Member

The pimms – middle class is defined by how you served it?

Necking half a bottle (straight from the bottle) on the back seat of the bus on the way home form Bargin Booze…. posh?

allyharp

Only the shopping at Waitrose for me! And that's more due to lack of local alternatives than anything else.

EDIT: Now 2/13 since I've subsequently googled prosecco.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Necking half a bottle (straight from the bottle) on the back seat of the bus on the way home form Bargin Booze…. posh?

Upper class eccentric?

spanishbarry
    Free Member

The Mod Father once played in Keighley ,heartland of the middle classes !

Bunnyhop

Walking out of a Paul Wailer gig is what I did several years ago.

I'm definitely posh but on a low ( read very low) income. Just waiting for hubby to keep me in the way to which I'd like to become accustomed.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

1/13 (the hummus)

CountZero

5/13-ish. I drink certain speciality teas, like Oolong, I kiss certain female friends of close aquaintance on both cheeks, (others on the lips), I wear a Barbour Stockman when it's pishing down, I buy beer and spirits in Waitrose in Bath sometimes 'cos they've got a really good range, I like big sailing ships, and I have supper late in the evening after tea, dinner being around midday-ish. I is wot I is, having been brought up in a council house where frost patterns formed on my bedroom walls as well as the windows during the winter of '63.

_tom_
    Free Member

1 (maybe 2) / 13 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

2/13. I'm not posh, apparently. But being called Tristan, I am fantastically middle class.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

So you only need 3 on that list to be posh. BTW, anyone who uses that word isn't.

BigJohn

Oh crikey – I seem to have scored rather highly.

Is it more points or fewer if one makes ones own hummous? I think the shop bought ones are ghastly.

allthepies
    Free Member

Add one on for use of "crikey" 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

it slumped back into mediocrity

No change there, then…

nickc

I sort of feel sorry for weller. Middle aged audience only want to hear Jam songs. It must be **** depressing.

garage-dweller

4 out of 13 but definitely middle class income / profession and my Pimms must have cucumber. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

crikey! HAH!! well I'm fantastically and undisputably underclass or even lower class so all you posh feckers are a frightful bore… and I can say frightful bore while I sit on my slightly warm aga eating hummous and drinking earl grey and still be underclass..

effin loves it an thaaaa' bey! INNUMS

jackthedog
    Free Member

0 out of 13.

I'm less posh than the author of that survey if they think supper and dinner are comparable.

Though I must admit despite my test result, I totally think I fall into the 'middle class aspirations on a working class income' crowd. I'm certainly in a middle class profession on a working class income.

br
    Free Member

I sort of feel sorry for weller. Middle aged audience only want to hear Jam songs. It must be **** depressing

Got a real impression that he played the songs he wanted to play, even had one from Style Council… But it was a good gig, and he came across well.

Audience enjoyed it, and it created a real 'buzz' in the area – for those that don't know Aylesbury the venue is within 50 yards of half a dozen decent pubs, with the closest been literally on its entrance and having a 'continental' table setup on the surrounding pedestrian area.

As you can see, a small venue:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Middle class?’ is closed to new replies.